What do you do when your pita bread is moldy?
8:26 PM Edit This 2 Comments »Tonight's dinner was supposed to be pita pizza. I got everything out and figured all my points. Then, I got the pita bread out of the package and realized it was moldy. I wasn't sure what to do. I obviously threw the pita bread away, but what was I going to now make for dinner? I knew if I left it up to the hubby we'd be eating out, so I thought about it and decided to make toast pizza. It was actually pretty good and four slices was only 6 points. Here is how I did it:
4 slices Healthy Life white bread (2)
1/4 C. WalMart pizza sauce (0)
20 Hormel turkey pepperoni (2) The serving size is 17 slices. I used 20 so each slice of bread had 5 pepperoni
1/2 C. Kraft Fat Free Mozzarella Cheese
1. Toast the read to your desired darkness. I suggest not too dark since I put them under the broiler
2. Take your 1/4 C. of pizza sauce and spread it on your 4 slices of bread.
3. Place 5 pepperoni on each slice of bread.
4. Using your 1/2 C. of cheese, put some on each slice of bread.
5. Put under the broiler for about 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
5. Put under the broiler for about 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Here is a picture of mine.

I was going to put them under for 5 minutes and at 4 minutes pulled them out when I noticed the edges of the bread almost burnt. They actually tasted like pizza to me and they were YUMMY.
So, the next time your pita bread is moldy, make toast pizza.





2 comments:
I used to make those when I was in elementary school...I LOVED it!! It brings back memories! Way to make a healthy choice when the original plan decided to go green and fuzy!!
That looks so yummy! I want some now! I hate it when my dinner gets changed last minute because something decided to mold on me. Great way to turn it around and still have your pizza though. Definitely something I want to try now!
Post a Comment