English Muffins.....YUCK!

7:59 AM Edit This 4 Comments »
I always thought I hated English Muffins. I don't know why. I can't remember a time when I tried them and was repulsed by them. Now peas, that's a different story. I can remember on many occassions trying them and absolutely hating them.
I was at the store with my husband grocery shopping. I've looked for a low point bagel and just can't seem to find one that I like and that I'm willing to use several points on. I've had the weight watchers bagels and I really don't care for them. So, anyway we're standing in the bread aisle. My husband is already annoyed at the fact that I keep checking the points of everything I touch. (Hey, I'm on a mission here and I'll do it alone if I have to!) As I'm standing there figuring the points to every kind of bagel there, I tell him I think I want to try English Muffins, to see if maybe I really do like them. He comes back with, "If you know you don't like them, why would you get them?" I explained to him that I've always said I don't like them, but don't really rememeber tasting them and not likeing them. So I got some. I ended up getting the Thomas Light Multigrain English Muffins. They are 1 point each. Yesterday I tried one for the first time with peanut butter and jelly. AND........I liked it!!! The funny thing is, the week before I told my aunt that I didn't like English Muffins and her response was, "How can anyone not like English Muffins?" I guess I was wrong, I do like them.

4 comments:

Colette said...

Good Job on trying a new food. YOU will try lots of stuff on WW, some you will like and some you won't. There is a 1 pt bagel made by western bagel and its called the alternative bagel. They are available in some stores or you can go to there website: http://www.westernbagel.com/

They are not available where I live in the grocery but I had my mom get me some when she was in Florida and I love them, so I am going to order some online today. I like the cinammon ones and the garlic one. I add peanut butter and splenda/cinammon ( my own cinammon sugar mixture) on the wheat or cinammon ones and they are awesome.

Keep up to good work and yes I spent HOURS in the store with my points scale, but it gets easier too as time goes on.
Good luck

Anonymous said...

Laura likes English muffins - imagine that! Glad you gave them a try.

Swizzlepop said...

I second the Western bagel. They are pretty good a decent size and only 1 point each.
Good for you for trying something new too! Here's info on how to do a grid in your blog http://swizzlepop.blogspot.com/2007/06/how-to-do-grid.html the copy and past only works in FireFox though not Internet Explorer.

Anonymous said...

Good choice Laura I evern get the multigrain lite. I put very little pb/j on mine. I like having those for breakfast before i head to school. of course with my coffee. Keep up the good work.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones