Elephant Ear Anyone?

10:23 PM Edit This 3 Comments »

Because I don't want it! This week at my WW meeting our leader told us that a fair elephant ear has (Are you sitting down? You really should be sitting down if you're not? Make sure you're sitting on a sturdy chair! Buckle yourself in if you can! Are you ready for this? I'm warning you, your heart might stop when I tell you this. Are you sure you can take this?) a whooping 56 points!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's just crazy! For me that was an instant, "HECK NO! I'm not eating one of those!" However, for some, and I know someone, they still want that delicious deep fried dough with cinnamon and sugar (or powdered sugar). How can I blame them? It sounds, smells, tastes, and looks so good. I will have to live vicariously through my friend. Hope you got your elephant ear Jeanne. Savor every last bite!


Today we went down to the Three Rivers Festival, my friend Jeanne, her two kids, her mom, and myself. We even walked through "Junk Food Alley." The smell was so delightful. I wanted one of everything. However, I was good and didn't get a thing to eat there. However, what I did come away with were two bee/hornet/wasp (whatever the heck it was) stings. Some how it managed to get up my shirt. I felt it crawling up my back. I didn't know what it was and when I reached back there I felt a bug. I HATE bugs and began panicking. "THERE'S A BUG UP MY SHIRT! THERE'S A BUG UP MY SHIRT!" (We were in the parking lot getting ready to leave). I wanted to take my shirt off, but I thought other wise. Plenty of police around and that would look great in the newspaper front page headline,

"Local High School Special Education Teacher Arrested for Indecent Exposure"
Teacher claims there was a bug up her shirt, but witnesses say they saw no bug.

Anyway, once I reached back there, the darn thing stings me, not once, but twice on the back of my shoulder. That darn thing hurt! I wasn't sure if I was allergic or not, but I found out....I'm not. Thank God!

3 comments:

Swizzlepop said...

Sorry to hear about the bug stings :( glad you're not allergic though. That elephant ear looks YUMMY although I've never heard of one. 56 points are you kidding me?! That is insane. Although it makes me want a funnel cake from PA when we're back east in a few weeks. That would have to be the day I just wouldn't count ;)

Anonymous said...

After your "episode" in David's car when a bug was quietly sitting on the inside of the front windshield I can only imagine how you freaked out with a bug crawling on your shoulder AND stinging you!! I am glad to hear that you weren't allergic to whatever stung you, though.

Anonymous said...

56 pts. WOW!!!! I don't eat those anyway. I'll have to tell Liv when she goes to our fair. Stay away from the funnel cakes.
It's really odd, you and your cousing were stung this weekend. she was in between games when she grabbed her knee and said "OW my knee, did you hear that pop"!? Then she preceded to fall/lay back on the ground when she all of a sudden leaped up and grabbed her arm because she saw a BIG BEE/YELLOW JACKET hanging on to her arm stinging her. She flicked it off which in turn left the stinger in her. She was trying real hard not to swear (lol, I'm sure you can imagine Liv) anyway I pulled it out got some ice gave her some ibuprofin. I don't know if she's allergic either. Put to top it off she was hit in the same spot by a ball during the game. It swelled up about as big as an orange. Its hard and she said it itches. i did give her benadryl when we got home. She hate bugs like you. Hope you guys get better. LOL


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones