Top 5 Dieting Sins

9:05 AM Edit This 1 Comment »
I saw this the other day on The Today Show. I thought it was interesting.



1. Choosing a Fad Diet.
* Choosing a diet where you have to take pills and eat extreme things i.e. cottage cheese diet, etc. don't really work because you're not really changing your lifestyle. Are you going to eat cottage cheese for the rest of your life? This is funny because sometimes I wish there was a pill that would just take it all away.



2. Leaving exercise out.
* Any exercise, even walking. They went so far as to say anything for 30 minutes a day. Again, I find this funny because the very first time I did WW I didn't ever exercise. "I couldn't find the time." Now I am exercising and I feel good. You can do like Colette and make a list of all the things you can do right there at home, for FREE. You'll realize you don't have to pay the big bucks to join a gym. Colette I know you can do it! Choose one of those exercises and start doing it!

3. Dieting with out support.
* I find it very helpful going to the WW meetings. Unfortunately, I'm a person who doesn't like to do things alone. I need a buddy and well my buddy is prego. and doesn't go any more. Also, I stopped going to save money. So I am so grateful for the community I discovered on here. It's great support! I think my Laura's Challenge is helping too!

4. Piling on the extras.
* A salad bar is great, but don't pile on the extras. Before you know it your 100 calorie salad is 2000 calories.

5. Depriving yourself.
* HA! If I was doing that I wouldn't look the way I look. I have no problem in this area. They said something I found very interesting. When it come to your food it should be 90% healthy and 10% fun. So, if you want some chocolate go ahead and have some. Instead of buying the king size or regular size, have some self control and eat a fun size.


Now I know this is all common sense, but sometimes we need to be reminded. Just thought I'd share.

HAPPY FRIDAY!

1 comments:

tallmama said...

I like those...and they all make sence! Thanks for sharing.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones