Hot on my tail!

10:11 AM Edit This 2 Comments »
So when I'm walking I play these mind games with myself. I do this to try and push myself to walk faster. As I was turning the second curve on my second lap I noticed someone a little ways behind me. So I sped up. Not long after that two runners passed me. But, I kept my pace. Then as I turned the fourth curve (there are a lot of curves) I notice that what I saw was not the runners, that there was in fact someone behind me. At that moment I tried to book it to keep ahead of her. I didn't want her to pass me. However, she was hot on my tail and it's a big tail to be following! I am very glad to inform you that I finished my lap and she did not catch me!

Today's walk was by far the hardest walk this past two weeks. I stretch before I walk and that usually helps, but today my right leg muscles hurt. I kept going thinking they would warm up and stop, but they didn't. As I came to the end of my first lap, they still hurt and I darn near just walked to the car and went home. BUT, then I gave myself one of my mom's good 'ol talkin' too. "Oh Laura, come on! Suck it up! You can do it! Fight through the pain!" And I kept going. I did two laps.

This afternoon the hubby and I are heading out of town. We are getting together with a bunch of out friends. I am going to have to really watch what I eat. I will also have to find some place where I can walk. I'm sure that won't be too hard. We're getting together in my old college town and I know I can go over to the student rec. They have a small outdoor track. Something is better than nothing!

HAVE A HAPPY WEEKEND!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Laura. Your going to BG????? have fun where ever you go.

Anonymous said...

laura, people are going to think i'm an ogre! How did you feel after, ok? keep up the good work. you inspire me!
mom


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones