LH kicked my butt yesterday!!!

10:53 AM Edit This 1 Comment »
Yesterday I met an old friend and her almost 2 year old at the zoo. My mom and 2 1/2 yo nephew came along too. It was hot, sunny and humid. But, it was a nice time. We walked about 3 miles all together (my mom's pedometer told me so). The heat and humidity really sapped my energy. I was so ready to come home and go to bed.

However, I had made an exercise date with LH. So I got home changed my clothes and headed to LH's house. I told the hubby it was a good thing I wasn't driving home yesterday, I probably wouldn't have made it. He find me some where asleep on the side of the road. I arrived at LH's still very tired, but we went to the YMCA and exercised. Due to my balance issues I am unable to do an elliptical so I walked on the treadmill for a half hour and then we swam for about twenty minutes. Being in the pool fell real nice after being in the sun all day. It also makes me want to go join the YMCA by my house.

While my I'm here in Ohio I am staying at my mom's. So is my nephew, David. He's the 2 1/2 year old I am taking home with me for a week. I'm a little nervous about keeping him busy all day. Normally he goes to day care during the day. I obviously can't do that. I have some things planned, but they aren't going to take all day. Any suggestions?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 year olds have boundless energy, so you will for sure get your workouts in! Here are some suggestions...
go to the park -- this will zap his energy for sure. a blow up pool or sprinkler. finger paints. play doh. twister. do dishes together (he'll love the water play). wagon rides. pick flowers. catch lightening bugs. pull weeds. eat popsicles. color. sidewalk chalk. kickball.

Keep him alive. I'm sure Jeff and Holly will appreciate that part the most! ;) What a good SIL you are.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones