Good Me vs. Bad Me
11:30 AM Edit This 1 Comment »
This is a conversation I had with myself today while walking.
Good Me: Alright almost done with the first lap. You can go ahead and do two.
Bad Me: Yes, but you should mix your work out up. So if you do two laps one day then one lap the other, that's a mix up.
Good Me: But LH was down 3 lbs. this week and I was down .2. I have to push through and do two.
Bad Me: But this stupid left leg doesn't want to cooperate and work right.
Good Me: I know! I know! I have to reteach it how to walk right.
Bad Me: Seeing all these skinny people out here running makes me sick. Let's just go home. They probably laugh at me as they pass me.
Good Me: So what if they laugh at least I'm out here trying to become a healthier me. That's more than what some people are doing.
I ended up walking the two lap (3.5 miles!). I feel good. My legs are soar, but I'm glad I did it.
The Bad Me was right my left leg wasn't cooperating as it should. I'm sure I've mentioned before that I have Multiple Sclerosis. I don't think I've ever told my full story, but it all started with the doctors thinking I had a brain tumor and doing a biopsy. After developing optic neuritis in April 2004 I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. Ever since then I have never walked the same. My left left doesn't function "normally" If you saw me in public you wouldn't think, "Oh man, her walk is horrible." I walk with a slight drop foot. It get worse the faster I try to walk and when I attempt to run. I know I can teach myself to walk correctly. It just takes a lot of time.
Anyway, I'm proud of myself for doing the 2 laps today. I'm determined to shed this weight!
Good Me: Alright almost done with the first lap. You can go ahead and do two.
Bad Me: Yes, but you should mix your work out up. So if you do two laps one day then one lap the other, that's a mix up.
Good Me: But LH was down 3 lbs. this week and I was down .2. I have to push through and do two.
Bad Me: But this stupid left leg doesn't want to cooperate and work right.
Good Me: I know! I know! I have to reteach it how to walk right.
Bad Me: Seeing all these skinny people out here running makes me sick. Let's just go home. They probably laugh at me as they pass me.
Good Me: So what if they laugh at least I'm out here trying to become a healthier me. That's more than what some people are doing.
I ended up walking the two lap (3.5 miles!). I feel good. My legs are soar, but I'm glad I did it.
The Bad Me was right my left leg wasn't cooperating as it should. I'm sure I've mentioned before that I have Multiple Sclerosis. I don't think I've ever told my full story, but it all started with the doctors thinking I had a brain tumor and doing a biopsy. After developing optic neuritis in April 2004 I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. Ever since then I have never walked the same. My left left doesn't function "normally" If you saw me in public you wouldn't think, "Oh man, her walk is horrible." I walk with a slight drop foot. It get worse the faster I try to walk and when I attempt to run. I know I can teach myself to walk correctly. It just takes a lot of time.
Anyway, I'm proud of myself for doing the 2 laps today. I'm determined to shed this weight!





1 comments:
I am so proud of you too!! Here I have been sitting on my ASS way to long bitching and moaning about "I been on plan why am I not losing weight?" Well I need to get my but in gear and start exercising too! Girl don't ever let the "bad you" talk you into NOT doing something... your stronger than that! I made a list today of all the things I could do...walk...exercise tapes...exercise bands...bike ride...floor exercise and then it hit me why would I join a gym? I have all the stuff I need here. Do what you can do and MIX IT UP...that will SHUT UP the "bad you"...LOL
Good Luck Girly I am in the same boat with you!! So lets get going. I wanna be at "ONEDERLAND" one day....so 199lb here I come!!!
:)
Post a Comment