"When is your baby due?"
7:45 PM Edit This 4 Comments »
Is what I was asked today while shopping at Meijer!!! It was asked by an old lady who was working there. When I first got into that aisle I saw she was working with someone. The first time she asked it I ignored her, thinking she can't be talking to me. BUT, as I went to leave the aisle I had to walk by her and she asked ME again. I wanted to say, "Hey lady I know I'm fat and I know you're old, but come on who asks a random stranger that?" However, I didn't say that instead I said, "Oh, I'm not pregnant" I said it in a very cheerful voice, while in my head I was saying kill the old lady (not really). Funny thing, she steps around the cart she was cleaning out and looks at my gut and says, "Oh, you're not?"
Me: Nope, but I did walk my 3.5 miles this morning and if I am pregnant I don't know it.
Old Lady: Oh, you're trying to lose weight.
Me (in my head): No lady I walk around looking like this because I want people to ask me if I'm pregnant.
Me (out loud): Yes, I'm trying to lose weight so that I can get pregnant.
Then the conversation went into what diet I'm doing. blah blah blah. So, I've learned something from this I NEED TO LOSE!!! The bad thing is I carry my weight in my gut, so yes, some things I wear do make me look pregnant. However, I don't always realize it. Maybe next time I'll say that I am pregnant. Don't worry I'm taking it lightly. I was shocked at first, but now I'm trying to learn from it.
Me: Nope, but I did walk my 3.5 miles this morning and if I am pregnant I don't know it.
Old Lady: Oh, you're trying to lose weight.
Me (in my head): No lady I walk around looking like this because I want people to ask me if I'm pregnant.
Me (out loud): Yes, I'm trying to lose weight so that I can get pregnant.
Then the conversation went into what diet I'm doing. blah blah blah. So, I've learned something from this I NEED TO LOSE!!! The bad thing is I carry my weight in my gut, so yes, some things I wear do make me look pregnant. However, I don't always realize it. Maybe next time I'll say that I am pregnant. Don't worry I'm taking it lightly. I was shocked at first, but now I'm trying to learn from it.





4 comments:
Okay, I've never admitted this to anyone because nobody I know in real life can relate, but I've had that happen to me several times. The worst time was at a work Christmas party, when I actually felt like I looked good. In fact, several people told me I looked good. Then one lady comes up to me and puts her hand on my stomach and says, "Oh, are you pregnant again?" After that I didn't feel like I looked good anymore. That's one reason I don't ever ask anyone if their pregnant, even if I'm pretty sure. I wait until I know for sure before I say something.
Keep up the good work. It won't be long before you won't look pregnant unless you are. You are doing really good.
I think you're doing pretty good. You've lost 15 lbs in 10 months. OK, that's far better than a gain. So, the way I see it is that you're now 30 lbs smaller than you COULD'VE been at this time. I always like that analogy:)
What I did notice was that during periods of gain you are not weighing in (or at least not updating your ticker) which leads me to believe you are letting yourself get off track. When you're paying attention, you're rockin' it - for life. I think you're doing very well. Say Hi to your Mom.
I have the same kind of body type where all of my weight just sits in my mid section. I think one big problem is a lot of the shirts they sell these days look like maternity tops so if you're smaller on the bottom and then bigger on top they sort of make you look even bigger than you are on the top if that makes any sense.
How incredibly RUDE! I think things like that all the time but know better than to ask. It sounds like you dealt with it well, although I still can't believe that lady had the nerve to question you. Ignore it and know that you are working on getting healthy.
Post a Comment