This Losing Weight Business is Hard!

9:24 PM Edit This 4 Comments »
Especially while on spring break! I'm not doing anything special over spring break. I'm just at home. Those darn white chocolate chip cookies were calling my name today. I couldn't help myself! I really didn't prepare myself very well for being home every day this week. Fortunately I did go exercise this morning. Shortly after I woke up and had breakfast I took Zoey (the dog, in case you didn't know) to the outdoor trail at the YMCA. The trail is 1.65 miles. By the time we got back around I wanted to go again, but thought other wise since I had the dog. I know it would have been good for her too, but she is not leashed trained yet. My darn hand felt like it was going to fall off I had to tug on the leash so much. It felt so good though to get outside and walk. I'm still working on getting all my water down as I type this. My mom suggested I check out the library to see if they have Turbo Jam (duh! why didn't I think of that?) Unfortunately, they don't have it. I'm gonna try and see if I know someone who has it.

So, in middle of writing this I had to go to the bathroom and while I was in there I decided to take a peek at the scale. OMG!!! It wasn't pretty! I am up two more pounds from Monday! What is wrong with me! Maybe it's TOM!!! TOM did decide to invite himself along with me when I went for a walk today. Exercise induced TOM!!! I'm never exercising again!! JUST KIDDING! Okay, that's it starting tomorrow, POINTS! I will be tracking my points! I have to! I have never tracked calories before. Does anyone have any opinions on what is easiest or where they see the most success?

Food Journal
bagel, 4
cream cheese, 2
salad, 0
3 oz. tuna, 3
smt. one pizza, 8
3 white chocolate chip cookies
3 welsh rarebit (slice french bread, pressed beef, slice of Velveeta cheese, and tomato)
1 c. baked beans
baked lays

4 comments:

Candace MacPherson said...

The points are EASY. People love it because it EASY. I track calories when I want more detailed information on my macros. I track in Sparks, not so much for calories, but for the fat vs protein, etc stuff. I eat 24-26 points a day - that's a lot easier than 1600-1800 calories (it's about the same thing). Also, say I have a scoop of something and the WW slider says just barely 3pts? Well, I just shuffle off a bit of that stuff and call it 2 pts. BUT, if I was counting calories, damn straight I'd top it up. Here's the thing though, calories doesn't take into consideration all of the good you're putting in your body with high fibre and lower fat content. I like fat and I give it a place in my diet. We NEED some of it, right. However, I also like to eat so I make sure I choose more filling options (read Core options such as whole grains and lean proteins). These cost me points, but I get more bang for my point bucks. In the world of calories I don't get rewarded for those things. Sparks said I should be between 1250 and 1550 calories a day. HA! I am satisfied on 1600 - less than that and my dd's recess snacks have to find a new place to hide.

Candace MacPherson said...

Oh, I just wanted to say, I was surfing blogs one day last summer and came across one girl who was pleased as peach with herself because coco puffs had the same calories as the whole grain 'cardboard' tasting stuff (her words, not mine). Anyway, I moved on without commenting, but never forgot it, thinking "I wonder how long it takes her to be starving again."

Laura said...

That's funny about the coco puffs. I have a whole thing of them in my cupboard. That's how off track I've gotten. Now I'm afraid they are going to sit there until I have some house guests because I won't eat them and neither will the hubby (not because their bad for you, but because he doesn't like them.)

Laura said...

What is Sparks and where do I find it?


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones