I need LOTS of prayers!
6:04 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
I think I've mentioned it before, but I am extremely unhappy with my job. I really want a new one and have gone as far as telling my boss that I'm looking for a new job. Last month I noticed that a school district near where I live was hiring a high school functional skills teacher. So, over spring break I updated my resume, completed the application, and mailed it in. The next week I heard back from the lady. She wanted to discuss the position with me. I is a brand new position and I would be co-teaching (assuming I got it) with the current teacher. It all sounded great and I'm very interested. I'm so much interested that I'm going back to school that I can get my Intensive/Severe Sp. Ed. License. This class is for very low functioning students therefore I need a new license. Anyway, before I got off the phone with the lady she told me the next step would be to set up an interview with the high school principal. AWESOME! She said she would do that. A week went by... Two weeks went by... Three weeks went by... I hadn't heard a thing. So I called the lady today and told her I had thought of some questions. So we discussed my questions and then she proceeded to explain to me that there is an administrative meeting later this week to discuss enrollment numbers and it's possible that a teacher who is already employed by the school district may be placed in this position. BUMMER!!!! However, this may also not be the case. She told me she would keep me informed either way. If I don't hear back from her in a week she said I could call her. I want this job really bad. It sounds WONDERFUL! So, I'm asking for everyone to pray for me. I know I'm going to be praying like crazy and if it's meant to be God will give me the opportunity.





1 comments:
Good luck Laura, I hope it all works out and that you get the job!
Post a Comment