I'm so proud of myself!!!
9:13 PM Edit This 2 Comments »
So I worked a late night at work tonight. I didn't get home until almost 7pm. For dinner the hubby and I were going to have pizza and crazy bread (It was from a Little Cesar's Fundraiser Pizza Kit.) Out friends get together every Thursday at Buffalo Wild Wings. The hubby wanted to go, so I told him to go ahead. I would make the pizza when I got home from work. This is where my problem first began. The pizza was sounding really really good, so I went to the computer to find the nutritional information. Surprisingly I did find it. At that point I only had 13 points left for dinner. 2 pieces were going to cost me 11 points and 3 was going to be 17. I really wanted 3, but knew I should only do two, but knew I would still be hungry and what in the world would I eat that was 2 points and would fill me up? Oh what to do? I really struggled with this! I struggled so much I called a friend to ask her what to eat! Unfortunately, she did not answer her phone. I guess working out at the YMCA was more important then helping a friend (JK! I LOVE YOU LAURA :o) ) So, I decided to scrap the whole pizza idea all together because I knew I wouldn't get enough to eat. Instead I had a heaping plate full of left over pot roast, potatoes, and carrots! AND, still had 1 point left. I followed that up with a 2 point 100 cal. popcorn. So I only used 1 flex point. I'm so proud of myself for making sure a healthy and smart decision!! Above you can see my journal.





2 comments:
good job, laura. that is where the battle is won. in those moments of struggle to make the right choice. i'm proud of you!
You did great. It is so hard to make the best food choice when you want the bad one more. I think that as time goes on it will get easier.
Post a Comment