NSV & Setback
10:34 AM Edit This 4 Comments »
Where to start? I will start on the positive side. I had 2 NSV (for those of you who are reading and do not know, NSV means Non-Scale Victory) moments this week.
I am in a wedding in October. When I went to get sized for my dress the women took my measurements and then proceeded to inform me that one of my measurements was bigger than what the dress came in. I'm standing there almost in tears wondering why they can make tents the size of Alaska, but can't make this dress my size. Anyhow, she ordered the biggest she could get and discussed alternation options to me. Well on Wednesday I went to pick up the dress. I of course was made to try it on. Drum roll please......it's too big!!!! I've got plenty of room in it! Not to mention the girls aren't big enough to fill it. So, I still have to get it altered, but instead of making it bigger, we'll be making it smaller! WOOHOO!
My next NSV moment came yesterday while I was out shopping with my friend, Laura H. (we met in college and worked at the same group home together. I was Laura G. and she's Laura H.) No offense to any of my skinny friends reading this but Laura and I really enjoy shopping together because we understand each other. Both of us have to shop plus size. We don't have a size 2 friend standing there telling us we're not fat and that the clothes look great, when we really know the truth, we're fat and the clothes look awful. We are very honest with each other and tell each other when something doesn't look good (If your reading, I love you Laura H.!). Anyway, I tried on a shirt yesterday and it felt a little big, especially in the sleeves. Why when they make plus size clothes do they make the sleeves longer and add more room for the girls? I'm a short fat women. My stomach got bigger, I didn't get a boob job! Now I know there are some women who have more than plenty, who are more than willing to give some up, but that's not me, so why can't they make clothes that fit me? Okay okay, back to my story, sorry. Anyway I tried on this shirt, it felt a little too big. I ask Laura if I should try the next size down. Of course I'm questioning myself as to why I would even think the next size down would fit, but what the hell I'll try it. I tried it on and (drum roll please...) it fit!!! The next size down fit!!!! Now this was just shirts, I didn't venture into pants yet. Maybe next week.
Okay, so now I'm going to be Negative Nancy. I went to weigh in this morning. I knew there had to be a reason why I fought myself to get out of bed. I was up 1.6 pounds. YIKES! Okay, I need to get my big 'ol behind back in gear! I knew I wasn't going to be down, I had a feeling. I wasn't journaling or walking. When I went to my friends house we didn't even end up eating healthy. That's okay. As of today I'm back on track, I think. I have no idea what the hubby is planning for our anniversary. I sure hope it's nice. LOL...watch him not plan anything because he thinks I'm planning something. At least I picked up our cake from my mom's house. I'm a little scared to eat cake that's been frozen for a year. I'll let you know how that goes.
HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE! If you're a teacher and haven't gone back to school yet, enjoy the rest of your summer. I only have a week left. :o(
I am in a wedding in October. When I went to get sized for my dress the women took my measurements and then proceeded to inform me that one of my measurements was bigger than what the dress came in. I'm standing there almost in tears wondering why they can make tents the size of Alaska, but can't make this dress my size. Anyhow, she ordered the biggest she could get and discussed alternation options to me. Well on Wednesday I went to pick up the dress. I of course was made to try it on. Drum roll please......it's too big!!!! I've got plenty of room in it! Not to mention the girls aren't big enough to fill it. So, I still have to get it altered, but instead of making it bigger, we'll be making it smaller! WOOHOO!
My next NSV moment came yesterday while I was out shopping with my friend, Laura H. (we met in college and worked at the same group home together. I was Laura G. and she's Laura H.) No offense to any of my skinny friends reading this but Laura and I really enjoy shopping together because we understand each other. Both of us have to shop plus size. We don't have a size 2 friend standing there telling us we're not fat and that the clothes look great, when we really know the truth, we're fat and the clothes look awful. We are very honest with each other and tell each other when something doesn't look good (If your reading, I love you Laura H.!). Anyway, I tried on a shirt yesterday and it felt a little big, especially in the sleeves. Why when they make plus size clothes do they make the sleeves longer and add more room for the girls? I'm a short fat women. My stomach got bigger, I didn't get a boob job! Now I know there are some women who have more than plenty, who are more than willing to give some up, but that's not me, so why can't they make clothes that fit me? Okay okay, back to my story, sorry. Anyway I tried on this shirt, it felt a little too big. I ask Laura if I should try the next size down. Of course I'm questioning myself as to why I would even think the next size down would fit, but what the hell I'll try it. I tried it on and (drum roll please...) it fit!!! The next size down fit!!!! Now this was just shirts, I didn't venture into pants yet. Maybe next week.
Okay, so now I'm going to be Negative Nancy. I went to weigh in this morning. I knew there had to be a reason why I fought myself to get out of bed. I was up 1.6 pounds. YIKES! Okay, I need to get my big 'ol behind back in gear! I knew I wasn't going to be down, I had a feeling. I wasn't journaling or walking. When I went to my friends house we didn't even end up eating healthy. That's okay. As of today I'm back on track, I think. I have no idea what the hubby is planning for our anniversary. I sure hope it's nice. LOL...watch him not plan anything because he thinks I'm planning something. At least I picked up our cake from my mom's house. I'm a little scared to eat cake that's been frozen for a year. I'll let you know how that goes.
HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE! If you're a teacher and haven't gone back to school yet, enjoy the rest of your summer. I only have a week left. :o(





4 comments:
Your post made me smile - way to go!!! Smaller sizes rock and really help to keep you going!! I hope you bought that shirt!!!
On the gain - it happens - don't sweat just hop back on the wagon and next week will be all good! Congrats again Coolio Barbie!
Congrats on the smaller sizes!!! That's always a great feeling and an encouragement!!!
The "year old" wedding cake will be nasty, I promise. Just take a bite or two and take the pictures for memories and throw it away. I think this tradition is WAY over rated!!!
Those are awesome NSV's...congrats!! We've been married for 2 years and my cake is still in the freezer. But we also just got it a month ago. I moved to michigan right after the wedding from california and they cake didn't make it until my parents came visiting with their trailer. I guess we should try it soon. Let me know how yours is and then I'll try mine!!
WOOHOO on the NSVs those are great! See even with a gain you are getting smaller! That evil scale means nothing! ;)
Good luck with that cake! I would not be so brave. Lucky for us our baker didn't believe in the tradition and baked us a new one for our 1 year (earlier this year YA for 2006 brides!)
Happy anniversary!!!
Post a Comment