I'm scared

10:09 AM Edit This 4 Comments »
Tomorrow I'm supposed to weigh in and I am seriously scared to go do it. I have a doctors appointment before, so I may not make it over there. However, I will then have to go on Thursday. I'm still scared! WWWHHHHAAAAA!!!!! (This is me throwing myself on the floor kicking and screaming!). Why did I do this to myself? Again, I know I need to get a grip.

OH I had a feel good moment yesterday despite all the bumps and bruises from falling of the track (not literally). Remember that dress I told you about for my friends wedding? Well I took it to get altered. Any dress I get I have to have it altered. I'm just too darn short. I put the darn thing on with all my under garments on (that strapless bra a.k.a. body armor is beginning to be worth the $70 I paid for it. I also had on what my friend and I call a "Fat Sucker-Inner) and I am not kidding the dress started falling off of me! My husband who helped me with my body armor was dumb founded. I heard him tell the alteration lady, "When she got measured for the dress they said it wouldn't fit, not it's WAY too big!" The lady looked at it and isn't even touching the hem yet. She's going to focus on the bust and waist. I kid you not, I think she's going to be taking at least an inch on each side. The hubby's not so pleased about the money we have to spend for them to make it a size smaller. He figures the place I ordered the dress should have ordered me a size smaller. This is true, but at least I can get the darn thing on!

P.S. I'm still scared to go weigh in.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool that you have to get the dress altered! I am so proud of you...you need to take that positive and jump back on the wagon. The coolest thing about WW is that it is okay if you stumble. The thing to remember is you can do this...you have done it and you will keep on doing it. Yeah you might not make the best of choices all the time (like me this week) but starting today you can start making those good choices again!

IMHO I think you should go to WI...It might not be the greatest outcome but then again it might surprise you...but you will own it and will feel TONS better!

WeightBGone said...

Good for you needing your dress altered. That is always a good feeling and just goes to show how far you've come.

That should be a great incentive to continue on in your weight loss journey. Kudos to you!

Anonymous said...

Laura isn't that a wonderful feeling? An inch on each side.... good for you hon. I'm rooting for you, keep up the good work. I too think you should weigh in. This way it will keep you on track. don't give up. Love u

Swizzlepop said...

Is it Spanx? I've heard great things about that stuff smothing things out.

Double WOOHOO on the dress beign too big! That is awesome. If only there were a way to say something to the dress shop. Like "FU seamstress lady who said the dress wouldn't fit and would have to be made bigger, you biotch! Now it's too small and I may just be sending you the bill for alterations since you didn't order me the smaller size even though I told you I was losing weight!"

=D


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones