Vacay Recap - It's a long one

10:41 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
So the hubby and I took a get away trip to Indianapolis this weekend. It was so nice to just spend time him and I. We got up Friday with no plans other than heading to Indy and I had planned to go to the Y before we left. And that I did. Lunch was at McDonald's. Eating here makes doing Core hard. I ended up getting a grilled chicken sandwich with no mayo. I did get fries, but I had the regular size. No large size for me. Friday evening a friend of ours took us to an Italian restaurant called Bucca Di Beppo. It was soooooo yummy. I ate some spaghetti and part of a meatball. It came with two meatballs the size of your head. I also are one three cheese manacoti. I am proud to say that I did not finish my plate and moved it away from so I wouldn't graze. Oh, I forgot I also had one piece of garlic bread with cheese. So, overall Friday's eating wasn't great, but I'm proud of myself for listening to my body and stopping when I was full. After dinner we went bowling. That was so much fun. I haven't been bowling in such a long time. We bowled two games and guess who won both games?? I took a picture of the scores because it's not often that I beat the hubby at anything. I was very proud of myself.

Saturday started off kind of early. We enjoyed our complimentary breakfast from the hotel. I had a bagel with cream cheese, coffee with french vanilla creamer (or should I say french vanilla creamer with a little bit of coffee), and a donut. I know great breakfast right? I couldn't help myself, I LOVE donuts!!! I am my father's daughter. Then, the hubby and I were off to the Indianapolis Zoo. My favorite part was the dolphins. I have never seen a dolphin in real life. My second favorite part was feeding a giraffe. After a couple hours there we headed downtown to the Hard Rock Cafe for lunch. Neither of us have ever been to one before. For lunch I had 3 potatoes skins, an onion, mushroom, and Swiss burger, fries, and a side salad. When I got my food I immediately cut my burger in half. After eating it the first half I told myself that I was pretty sure I as done. Then, I proceeded to eat most of the second half. It was as if I had lost all control. Although, I over ate, I am proud of myself for paying attention to what my body was saying and being able to tell the first sign of being full. After lunch the hubby and I headed to the Indianapolis Children's museum. It had some pretty neat things. We were kind of disappointed though. It really is a play for children. Our favorite part though was The Power of Children part. It featured the lives of Anne Frank, Ruby Bridges, and Ryan White. It makes me want to dig out my copy of Anne Franks diary and read it. After that the hubby and I headed back to the hotel for a short stop. Then to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. Again, neither of us have ever been this this restaurant. It was recommended to us. Going in I really wasn't all that hungry, but the hubby said he could eat. I didn't want to wait too much longer because the wait was already 30-45 minutes. I ate two pieces of bread. Also drank a strawberry daiquiri. That so was yummy and went down so easy, that it was gone before our food arrived. I told the hubby that because it went down easy, I'd better not order another. For dinner I order the Hibachi Steak. OMG!!!! It was so yummy! It came with mashed potatoes with a wasabi sauce on it, asparagus, and was served on a bed of bean sprouts. I think I ate a couple bites and decided I couldn't eat any more. However, you can bet I got a box and will be eating it today! Oh, I can't wait! The hubby and I both ordered a piece of cheesecake. He ordered vanilla bean, which was very delicious. I ordered the chocolate peanut butter cookie dough. That too was very yummy and very chocolaty. I only ate a little bit of it and had to stop. I'm sorry to say that I don't think I'm going to finish it. I can't imagine how many calories are in it.

Today the hubby and I are heading to a place called Conner Prairie. It's an outdoor history experience about 19th century American culture. Oh!! This morning when I got up....I went down and worked out!! I am very proud of myself for doing that. Because my eating wasn't that great this weekend I'm not looking forward to weighing in tomorrow. However, I am so proud of myself for all the exercise I'm doing and it feels so good. I told the hubby he better watch out he's gonna have a hot wife. His response, "I already have a hot wife."

0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones