Is it okay to take a break?

8:24 AM Edit This 2 Comments »
This week I worked out 7 times. 6 of the 7 times was for an hour and one forty-five minutes. The hubby and I are in Indianapolis and the hotel we are staying at has a workout room. I did bring exercise clothes. However, we have a lot planned for today. So, I'm wondering if it's okay to take a break?

Last night we met up with a friend for dinner. He took us to an Italian place called Bucca. OMG!!! It was so yummy! I was good too! They serve family portions and we were going to order fettuccine alfredo (I LOVE alfredo!!). The the inner skinny/healthy me said, "NO, DON'T DO IT!" So, I asked if we could not order that. Instead we had spaghetti and meatballs and three cheese manacotti. I know the manacotti probably wasn't much better than the alfredo, but I'm proud of myself for turning down something I absolutely love, but know is not healthy for me at all. YEAH ME!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I just went to Bucca Di Beppo for the first time a few weeks ago! We had the cheese manicotti too and it was AWESOME!!! :)

I think you have worked out a ton this week and you have a big plan for today, so one day off will NOT hurt you. :) Enjoy your day!

Dawn said...

Not only is it okay to take a day off from exercise, it is important. It gives your body time to recover and rest. You are doing great with the exercise. Have a good weekend.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones