Some advice please

8:49 PM Edit This 3 Comments »
So everyone tells me that walking (which is exercise) is good for the baby and I. Today while I was walking on the treadmill at the Y I began to wonder if it was possible for me to over do it. How much should I walk? How long should I walk? What if my heart rate gets too high? Here is what I did. I walked for 1 hour on the treadmill. At my fastest I walked at a 3.1 speed (That's fast for my short fat legs). I did break a sweat, but I also had water right there. I think I burned almost 300 calories. I want to exercise, but I don't want to over do it and harm the baby. Is what I'm doing okay?

3 comments:

Amanda said...

What you did is fine. They tell you to keep on doing what you are doing but not to add anything new. So if you were walking then keep it up. And walking is good for not only you but also for labor. You are doing great!!!!!

Dawn said...

As long as you feel good, do what you were doing before you got pregnant. Make sure to warm up and cool down properly. If you have any concerns talk to your doctor.

Unknown said...

Walking is great and good for you for keeping up with it! I just recently quit my spin classes at 22 weeks because i couldn't fit comfortably on the seat anymore. Now I try to hit the elliptical 3 to 4 times a week. Somedays the hubby and I walk in the evenings which is really nice because it gives us time to spend together with no interruptions.

If you ever start to feel lightheaded or pain during a workout then you should pull back but other than that I say walk away! I have to say you are doing much better than I did..for the first couple of months I couldn't do anything because I was so tired. I'm envious of your will power!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones