I'm still here. Are you?
11:20 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
I haven't posted in a while and thought I would check in. As far as exercise and food goes, this week hasn't been great, but it hasn't been bad either. I have been so busy. On Wednesday I spent all day at my new school. I spent a lot of time in my new classroom. I was very overwhelmed with all the "stuff" left for me and the hodge podge of furniture. The normal me would have started crying, but I didn't instead I called my mom. I told her I needed help, that I didn't know where to begin. She then offered to come help me the next day (she lives in Ohio and I live in Indiana). I was so grateful and relieved. She instructed me to go through the "stuff", but don't throw anything away. So I got off the phone with her and did so. As I looked through box upon box upon box of "stuff" I came up with a rule: If it was published in the 1980s, it had to be thrown away. Let me tell you, I threw a lot of junk away! Today my mom and I made a plan on how to arrange the room and put all the furniture that I didn't want together. This is very unusual because typically a teacher will take anything they can get their hands on. However, I didn't want all that 1970s furniture or the 15 million boxes of worksheets, or the 1980s and some 1970s workbooks. I am very excited to be starting my new job and can't wait. I'm teacher a class on recreation. How cool is that??? I'm teaching another class on safety. I'm so excited to come up with ideas on topics to cover in these classes. I think I've landed my dream job!!!





1 comments:
Hey Laura~
Happy to hear you were able to figure some things out with your classroom, glad Mom could come out and help you too. I am excited for you to start this new job, hopefully it will be your dream job! Good luck as we enter the beginning of a new school year. Love ya ~ Holly
Post a Comment