Unnatural

10:30 PM Edit This 2 Comments »
For me anyway! For the past two months I've had a craving (no I'm not prego.) I have been feeling the need to go and run. This my friends is such a crazy idea, me, running, but I can't kick this feeling. I just want to go and run. There's no way in the world I could run very far, but I want to run. However, I'm afraid to run. Because of my MS my gate is all sorts of messed up and so is my running. I don't run "right" any more. I'm afraid if I run, I will trip and fall. It is very unnatural for me to crave running. I have never been a runner. Maybe it's because I have this awesome cousin who can run a half marathon, or another cousin who's a health/exercise guru, or because I have a mother who works out and jogs frequently, or maybe it's just that I am not getting enough exercise. With the day lights savings time it gets dark here at around 6 PM, so I can't go over to the walking trail unless I leave work immediately. Trust me, lately, I'd love to leave there, actually I'd love it even better if I didn't have to go. But, so is life and I have to put in extra hours to try and get my work done. I walked 4 times last week and I still have this urge to go run. I certainly am not understanding this unnatural urge. What is going on with me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Do it. Carefully. When I started running, all I could do was a minute. Then I'd walk again. Then run. Maybe your heart is craving a boost!?!? SO funny that you are having those feelings! You go girl. Carefully.

Anonymous said...

Laura - Agreed, do it carefully
(and maybe even check w/ your
doctor just to be safe), but do it!
And you CAN fit it in with work/
life. Just make it a priority and
you can do it (I usually go in
the mornings, before work - yes I
have to get up earlier but it's
worth it).
Your journey is inspiring. Keep up
the good work! So many long term
benefits you will experience.
One day at a time, like you say.
GO LAURA!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones