We're Leaving, On A Jet Plane

8:52 AM Edit This 1 Comment »
Our flight takes off tomorrow at 11:50.  I can't wait!  I'm so excited.  The adoption agency sent us a list of questions that the judge will ask us.  One of the questions is, "Why do you want to adopt this child?"  I was "quizzing" the hubby and before he could give an answer I said, "Uuuummmm, because she's our daughter."  Mikayla has been with us now for 4 months.  I can't imagine her not being apart of our lives.  She just fits. It was so surreal when we got her, I was never emotional.  I haven't been stressed to the max of all of a sudden becoming a parent.  It was meant to be.  Life just flows perfectly with her in our lives.

Yesterday evening we went out in search of dress clothes for court on Wednesday.  I found a dress and was in the fitting room trying it on.  While I'm in there I swear I here someone ask my husband if my daughter is a boy or a girl.  ARE YOU SERIOUS LADY!?!?!?! SHE'S GOT A FREAKING HEADBAND WITH A FLOWERY BOW THING ON HER HEAD!!!  SHE HAS A DRESS ON!  Anyway, I come out and ask my husband, "Did some really just ask you if she's a boy or a girl?"  He just looks at me and says nothing.  He then begins moving back toward where the dresses are.  He then turns around and says, "Uuuummm yeah, it was the lady who was standing right there when you came out and said that!"  I think he was embarrassed.  I on the other hand was not.  Hello! She's dressed like a girl.  She has a pink sippy cup and a baby doll.  UGH!!! SHE'S A GIRL!!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

remember, some people notice ONLY color and NOTHING else! she's probably thinking, "should I call the authorities on this white man with this black child?" ha relax, it will happen and you guys will have to deal. little do they know she is our sweet little chocolate chip and we love her very much!
m


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones