Road Trip

11:33 AM Edit This 1 Comment »
Mikayla and I will be heading to Toledo this afternoon.  The plan is to leave after morning nap (which she is doing now) and lunch with daddy.  We're only staying over night though.  We're actually going so that we can pick David (Mikayla's cousin) up and bring him back with us.  My cousin is getting married this weekend.  Unfortunately, children under 13 aren't allowed to be at the reception.  So, we decided, or I decided that we won't go. Doesn't make sense to drive to Columbus, OH for a wedding and turn around and drive back home in the same day.  Anyway, both of my brothers and I have kids under 13.  So, I offered to take my one nephew for the week so my brother, who used to be pretty close to my cousin could go.  I do have to admit that I am a little sad and disappointed that we will be missing out and miss an opportunity to be with family.  Especially since there is still a lot of family yet to meet Mikayla.  Everyone will certainly be in our thoughts and prayers as they travel. Lauren and Zack will especially be in our thoughts and prayers and I hope that they have a wonderful day.

1 comments:

Shannon said...

I have never understood weddings with no kids allowed! The kids are what made my wedding so adorable and my reception so much fun!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones