Food

10:34 AM Edit This 2 Comments »
After giving Mikayla Cheerios and seeing how well she did with them, I decided I would give her what we were having for dinner.  We had grilled chicken breast and broccoli.  I  cut a piece off of a breast and then cut that piece into very small pieces.  Took a floret of broccoli and cut that up.  I let her feed it to her self and she was trying to put it in her mouth by the handfuls.  I said to the hubby that maybe it's time to transition to "big girl food."  He doesn't like that idea.  He says, "but she only has two teeth."  I explained to him that she can still eat with only two teeth.  I'm the one who feeds her a majority of the time, so, what mama says goes.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

There is all kinds of things you can give her to feed herself. Paul loved pasta noodles, the little potato cubes (the frozen hashbrowns that are precooked), diced carrots, small cubed chicken, peas, and all kinds of fruits diced up. Warning... he choked on the thick skin of green beans a few times, no matter how small I cut them up for him. He ate so much better when he could feed himself, he HATED being fed by me!

I used to just make huge batches of the noodles, chicken, and veggies all mixed up and put them in individual Gladware bowls (about the size of larger baby food jars) and they were so convenient to take places in an insulated bottle bag.

Sara said...

I started Luke on regular foods at 6 months and it was so nice! :) She is doing great and you are doing great as a MOM! :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones