Virgin Coconut Oil

4:51 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
I have quickly learned that just because a jar says Virgin Coconut Oil on it DOES NOT mean it is really virgin. 

After joining a forum of other adoptive parents of black (I'm still not sure what to say?? black, African American.... not all black kids are African American, some are Ethiopian some are Haitian, but I digress) children.  I absolutely LOVE the site and I get a lot of ideas.  I learned that many people use Coconut Oil on their children.... on their hair, on their bodies.  You can even cook with and eat Coconut Oil.  If it has been refined it no longer smells like coconut (BOO! :( )  We bought a jar from the health food store, unfortunately it was refined and actually made Mikayla's hair smell funky.  I didn't like it.  So, I got on Ebay in search of Virgin Coconut Oil and I scored two jars.  The one jar (the smallest of the two) says it's for hair and that it's virgin.  When it came I opened it up and expected a heavenly smell of coconut and I smelled NOTHING!  UGH!!!!  I opened the big jar and took a big whiff and got the smell I expected.  Now I have two (a large one and a small one) jars of refined coconut oil that I probably will never use. Good thing my mom likes it.

0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones