Our First ER Visit
10:58 AM Edit This 1 Comment »
I asked the hubby if we should take pictures to commemorate the trip, but he said no. Yesterday I got an email at work that Mikayla had a fever and was given some Tylenol. She was still playing, but a little clingy. Not fussy at all. After work, I picked her up. My mother-in-law wrote down every time she took her temp and gave her Tylenol. Her temp never came down below 100. In the evening the hubby took her temp with our thermometer. It is a temporal thermometer and you just run it across their forehead. It read 104 degree! Immediately panic set in and I was on the phone to my mom and brother. I then took my temp and it told me I had a temp of 100. I felt fine and I didn't feel warm. So we found the digital and got a reading on her of 103.6 (I think). Gave her Tylenol and waited an hour to see what happened. During the wait we gave her a bath and let her play. After her bath we lotioned up, clipped nails, and attempted to clean ears. Usually she is really good about letting me clean her ears. She will sit very still and allow me to do it. However, last night was a different story. So, we took her temp. It came down, but not much. After talking to my mom, we decided to take her to the ER. Good thing! She has an ear infection in her left ear. The doctor said it was very red! Mikayla is a trooper! Not once did she fuss or cry about it! She is one tough cookie. I think she's like her Uncle Jeff....tough as nails! I stayed home with her today. She's a bit fussy today. I'm sure that after a day of antibiotics she will be on the mend. So, here's to our first ER visit and not using the temporal thermometer any more.





1 comments:
We have a temporal thermometer and it's never steered me wrong. Although, I can tell just by kissing his forehead if mine has a fever. I hate that she has an ear infection. Went through that with both of mine and it's not fun. :( Thinking of you!!!
Post a Comment