Final

11:13 AM Edit This 1 Comment »
So, I'm a little behind on posting this, but it's better late than never.  On Wednesday, August 21, 2010 was when Mikayla's adoption was finalized.  It was an awesome and emotional experience for me.  Someone told me finalization is no big deal, it's just paperwork, it's procedure.  She's already yours, why do you need court to say so?  Well this may be true, but for me it is when my emotions finally came out.  I don't think I've really cried through this whole process, but hearing my husband explain to the judge why we wanted to adopt Mikayla brought tears to my eyes.  They didn't last long though because then it was my turn.  Here are the few pictures we got and some from our visit to the Gulf of Mexico.
The judge presenting us with a Care Bear for Mikayla.  It has a necklace on with her name on it.
The judge talking to us.

It's official.  Picture with the judge.  This was not the judge we were assigned to, so I have no idea what his name is.





1 comments:

Shannon Swonger said...

Awesome! I am just so happy that you are finally a mommy! You deserve it so much and have been through more than I could have ever handled!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones