School
9:04 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
School is back in session! Therefore, I've been a little swamped. I have to admit I was not excited about the start of the year AT ALL!! There was a staffing change that has, in my opinion negatively affected my classroom. However, I'm grabbing the bull by the horns and charging full steam ahead. The paraprofessional who has worked in my room during my math classes for the past two years was moved to the resource room. I absolutely love her!!! At the beginning of last school year she told me she'd rather help teach the kids that sit and grade papers or do nothing. So.... I let her instruct my transition to diploma kids (Pre-Algebra). She did a wonderful job and I can't take credit for their later success in general education Pre-Algebra. Unfortunately, when she was moved out of my room there was no one to replace the person who was supposed to be coming into my room. UGH! So, I have to start the school year with a class of 12 and 15 with no help at all. There is no way that I can expect someone new to come in and teach, like the other para did, but a little help in the room would be nice. I don't just have 12 and 15 kids in the class, but I have 12 and 15 special education students in one classroom, taking two different math classes. It's hard to teach one group and control the other when you are by yourself. My 12 group isn't really that bad. I have one student who is disruptive. The group of 15 is a very social bunch. I do have a para. that come in half way through the class that period, but the entire time would be nice. Doubt I'll ever get that.
Anyway.....
Mikayla is going GREAT!!!! She is walking ALL over the place. I hardly ever see her crawl any more. Unless it's to get from one side of the coffee table to the other. She is like a bull in a china shop though.....hehe. She doesn't care if something is in her way, she walks right over it. If it's a person in her way she tries to crawl over you. Her top teeth are starting to come in. One has poked through her gums. She hates for me to stick my fingers in her mouth now, so it's hard to check. Today my brother made reference to her almost being one!!! WHAT!?!?!?!? ALMOST ONE!?!?!?!? She still has three months! Don't make her grown up faster than I want.....lol
Anyway.....
Mikayla is going GREAT!!!! She is walking ALL over the place. I hardly ever see her crawl any more. Unless it's to get from one side of the coffee table to the other. She is like a bull in a china shop though.....hehe. She doesn't care if something is in her way, she walks right over it. If it's a person in her way she tries to crawl over you. Her top teeth are starting to come in. One has poked through her gums. She hates for me to stick my fingers in her mouth now, so it's hard to check. Today my brother made reference to her almost being one!!! WHAT!?!?!?!? ALMOST ONE!?!?!?!? She still has three months! Don't make her grown up faster than I want.....lol





1 comments:
Sorry to hear about your frustrations with school, it's too bad they took that person away from you. I know what you mean about trying to control a group of kids when you are trying to work in a small group of another kids. I will be praying for you that this situation works itself out. Maybe even they will grant you with a new person! About Mikayla, that is great that she is walking everywhere, what a big girl she is getting to be :)~ Holly
Post a Comment