Stairs.....really!?!?!?

8:37 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
Yesterday evening the hubby was in the kitchen doing dishes and I was in the living room with Mikayla.  I needed to run upstairs to get a phone number that I needed to call.  We have a walk through gate at the bottom of the stairs and at the top of the stairs.  Mikayla does pretty well keeping herself entertained.  She has never followed me to the stairs so I thought nothing of it when I ran upstairs and didn't latch the gate.  As I was digging through my purse I hear Mikayla crying and it sounds WAY closer than downstairs.  I look out into the hallway and there she is standing on the top stair!!!!  Not hanging on!!!!  I'm pretty sure I pooped my pants!!  Okay, not really, but OMG!  I ran out of the room and grabbed her arm through the gate and immediately began calling the hubby.  He of course senses the panic in my voice and comes running.  Holy crap that little girl just climbed up the stairs ALL BY HERSELF!!!!!  My mom and I decided that she was probably proud of herself, then got scared.  She probably also got mad because she couldn't get through the gate.  She is one independent and determined little girl!!!  Tomorrow is her 9 month check up at which point she will be caught up with her vaccines!!!  WOOHOO!!!  I can't wait to hear what her height and weight is.  I don't feel comfortable taking a day off during our first full week of school, so the hubby is taking her.  I won't be able to call home until after school.  BOO!!!  I wish I could be there!

0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones