Walking and Whipped Butter

11:06 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
I think it is okay to officially announce that Mikayla is now walking.  She is now taking more than just 3 or 4 steps.  She's not walking every where and she's still unsteady at times, but she is ALL over the place.  i bought her a pair of sandals the other day.  We put them on her and she threw an absolute fit!!!  She sat on the floor and cried like she didn't know what in the world was going on.  Tonight we bought her the cutes pair of tennis shoes from Wal-mart.  Right there in the store she started crying when we were trying them on her.  We took them off and she stopped crying.  Does this mean my child is going to want to go barefoot the rest of her life?  Any suggestions on what to do?  I thought if I put them on her every day for even a short period of time she would get used to them.  So far no luck.....she still throws a fit.  Of course I could just not put shoes on her.  I also thought if I walked her across the room holding on to her fingers while she had them on maybe that would help..... nope she cried the whole time.  What to do?  What to do?

So.... we have a 32 oz. jar of coconut oil, that has been refined and I do not like how it smells on Mikayla's hair.  So, I don't use it.  This evening I was trying to figure out what to do with it.  School starts soon and Mikayla will be going back to her grandma's house every day.  Grandma usually gets her ready for the day.  Lately, I've been putting our UNrefined coconut oil on her skin and I love it.  I figured I'd send the refined jar to grandma's.  Then, I remembered that someone posted a recipe for Whipped Shea Butter on the forum I joined.  One of the ingredients is coconut oil.  It calls for organic coconut oil, but I'm sure the refined will work just the same.  So, I bought the ingredients online today.  One of the ingredients is coconut scent, so she won't smell earthy from the raw Shea butter.  I'm excited to see how this turns out and that's what I'm going to send to grandma's for her skin.

Oh Oh.... I got the bright idea that because I bought the tray for Mikayla's Bumbo I might be able to actually put her hair in a style.  Go ahead laugh now.  Mind you Mikayla can get out of the Bumbo on her own when the tray is not attached.  She can roll the Bumbo over.  BUT, I thougtht if I enlisted the help of the hubby I might because to get her hair in box braids.  So, the night before I watched Katelynylyn's video on how to do them.  I was convinced that if I had enough toys, Cheerios, and the help of the hubby I could do it.  WRONG!!!!  Mikayla would not cooperate.  The hubby wouldn't stop watching TV.  UGH!!!  He seems to think that just having his hand on her leg or shoulder is helping.  NOT!!!  I got one box bread in.  The bread was very loose and my box it was more like a rectangle.  I should have taken a picture, but once I got the hair tie in I was so frustrated I stopped and start putting things away.  Did I mention that Mikayla was not cooperative.  She was not happy with me messing with her hair.  Oh and did I mention that she can roll her Bumbo even with the tray on it.  I know I'll be able to do her hair, i just have to be patient.  In the mean time, I'm waiting for manikin heads.  My hubby's hair girl told him she might have one she can give us.  A mother of a friend owns a salon and was throwing some away!  Oh I can't wait to get them and practice corn rowing!!!  I am happy to announce that Miss Mikayla's hair is starting to grow in on the back of her head.  I was afraid she'd be bald there for the rest of her life!  My friends son came up to me the other day and says, "Laura, Mikayla has a crack in her head!"  I respond with what!?  Thinking maybe she fell and cracked her head.  I look at her head and figured out he was talking about her strip of baldness in the back....LOL  Mind you he's only three.  Cutest thing though!

Okay wow, this post is getting really really long.  I have yet to shower and take my medicine.  I better post this and get that done. 

1 comments:

Shannon said...

I would save your money on the shoes! They learn to walk better and more steadily without shoes anyway. Our doctor advised (and I of course looked up the research to back it up) that we not put shoes on Paul until he is already walking very well. I never bought his first shoes until after his first birthday. He STILL walks and runs better barefoot and only wears shoes when he has to.

She's trying to tell you something, mommy! LOL! :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones