9 Month Check-up
10:39 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
Daddy got the pleasure of staying home from work yesterday and taking Mikayla to her 9 month check up. I am pleased to report that Mikayla is now current on her vaccines! In a matter of months they were able to catch her up. She weighed in at 22 pounds 8 oz. This puts her in the 95th percentile. She is 30 1/2 inches tall. This still remains above the 95th percentile. The doc says she's a very tall baby. Yesterday, we had to go to a funeral visitation and there was a 2 year old running around. Mikayla was maybe only 2 inches shorter than her. I'm afraid she'll be looking down at me with her sassy mouth when she's 13. Maybe if I hand upside down I'll get taller. Anyway, the doc wanted to see her crawl so the hubby had to put her on the table in the crawling position and go to the other end. Mikayla took a half crawl forward toward him, stood up, and walked to him. The doc was amazed. When Mikayla stands up she gets herself into something similar to a bear crawl position and just stands up without holding on to anything. The doctor told the hubby that 9 month olds don't do that. Apparently Mikayla is trying to prove her wrong. The doctor isn't concerned about her weight at all. She says that she is proportionate and there is nothing to worry about. I really wish I could have been there! From now on, I don't care if it's the first day of school, I won't be missing her appointments.





0 comments:
Post a Comment