Feet and Baby Dolls

12:39 PM Edit This 2 Comments »
I am NOT a feet person.  However, I LOVE Mikayla's feet.  I'm always kissing on them.  Mikayla now loves her feet too!!  She discovered them the other day and I find her with her legs up in the air holding onto her feet all the time.  I've even found her in bed sleeping that way.  Oh how I love her and love these new things!!

I've been wanting to get Mikayla a baby doll.  I've been looking and looking, but can't find any that are soft and "my first baby doll" like.  If I do find some they are all white!!!  UGH!!  I think it's important for my daughter to have baby dolls that look like her.  I'm not saying she can't have a white baby doll, but her first doll should look like her.  It's very frustrating as a parent when stores don't carry multi-racial toys.  When I was in high school I worked at a toy store and people would come in and get so mad because we didn't carry black baby dolls or Barbies.  Now I understand their frustration.  So far the best store has been Meijer.  We've yet to check out Toys R Us.  I'm beginning to think that maybe a lot of our Christmas shopping for Mikayla will be done online.  Fort Wayne has an African American population.  Where do they get toys for their kids?  I need to know!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post about Mikayla's feet brings tears to my eyes. It just goes to show you how your child can completely change your personal and world view. I am so happy that you now get to experience the joys and deep abiding love of motherhood.
love, your mom

Shannon Swonger said...

This is the blog post I was going to comment on! Have you ever been shopping down in the Southtown/ Southgate area? (You know down by your old school.) I have heard that they have much more ethnically diverse dolls and other toys. LOL, that's where my mom bought a ton of wrapping paper one year on clearance (at the Kmart by Southtown) and didn't realize until the next year AFTER we opened all our presents that the wrapping paper all had black Santa Claus on it! It was really funny that no one noticed! She had bought enough of it to last about 4 more years, so we had black Santa Claus wrapping paper for many years!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones