Are you freaking kidding me!?!?!?

12:38 AM Edit This 2 Comments »
I am a reality show junky and what a great opportunity to tune into some reality TV while being home with my daughter.  Today I tuned into MTV.  They were playing episode after episode of "16 and Pregnant."  From the very first episode I was mad.  The hubby came home from work and I was still watching and I was still mad.  These 16 year old girls are knocked up and seem to think their lives won't change.  One girl didn't change, she would leave her baby with her mother all the time and go out partying (stupid mother for letting that happen.)  I was so mad and the hubby couldn't understand why I kept watching.  UNTIL.... the episode where the teenage girl decided to give the baby up for adoption came on.  She felt pressured by her mother (who adopted her) and felt like she had no other choices.  But in the end that is what she did, created an adoption plan and stuck to it.  At the end of the show she talked about it really being the best choice for the baby.  I wanted to cry.  After that episode I changed it and watched no more.  I just couldn't believe how some of these girls act even after getting pregnant.  It's so wild and heart breaking.

2 comments:

Shannon Swonger said...

That show is addicting... you want to stop watching it because it makes you so mad, but you can't. I saw the one you talked about with the girl who was adopted and gave her baby up for adoption. It was sad, but I was so glad that one of those stupid girls realized that they cannot take care of a baby!

Laura said...

I don't know if she realized it or was more pushed into it by her parents. I think after the fact she realized that it was a good decision. I told the hubby that that show is like a train wreck. You don't want to look, but you can't help it.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones