Stupid Scale!
9:08 AM Edit This 8 Comments »
(This is my scale and that is not my weight.)
My scale is stupid for two reasons! 1.) It told me I gained. Not much, but a little. Is says I'm back up to 239.3. 2.) It gave me a million different weights this morning! I always step back on after the first time to make sure it was right. I was very please with the first weight, but when I stepped back on it said something different. So, I stepped back on a third time, and guess what. You got it a different weight from the first two. Obviously at this point I'm a little irritated. So, I step on for a fourth time and yet again a different weight. I kept weighing myself until the stupid scale gave me two consistent weights. I settled for the 239.3, even though it was a gain. I thought to myself what a great opportunity to go shopping for a nice scale. But, then I thought I don't want to use a new scale, it may throw my weight off. What if a new scale says I weigh more than what my current scale says. Oh man, what to do? What to do?
I've decided that either one of two things was happening.
A. The scale was playing tricks on me and really didn't want me to weigh myself this morning. Maybe I need to have a conversation with the scale and let it know that from now on I will be weighing on Fridays and my peek day will be Tuesdays. I decided to give myself a peek day since I get so anxious to know how I'm doing.
B. My body was playing tricks on me. Who knows?
I think I'll stick with the needing a new scale theory, that way I don't look like I've lost my mind...LOL. Also, it's a good excuse to have to go shopping, not that I need an excuse. But, the hubby can't object! Now the only decisions to make are where do I buy this scale? What kind of scale do I get?
Decisions, decisions. Happy Friday everyone! :o)





8 comments:
Your scale sounds possessed! I found the following article which makes me wonder if there really is much better out there. Mine does the same thing (different results in a row).
http://www.consumersearch.com/www/health_and_fitness/bathroom-scales/index.html
I've been looking at Amazon (easy to do) but definitely need a new digital one. I have the old fashioned kind and it's okay but it also moves too much and it's hard to see the exact line that it is on. Someone said that the WW was good, but there are more than one style so who knows? If you find a good one let us know.
I just wanted to let you know that I, too live in IN and also am 27. Oh, and I'm on WW! Lot in common! Good luck with your journey!!!!!!!
Ok. Go get yourself a new scale. Its a reward for your 1 week dedication! :)
Also, make sure you aren't weighing on carpet and it is a flat, level surface. That will give you accurate results. Also, pull it out into an open space where nothing touches you -- that can make a difference too :)
Get a nice digi one -- there are all kinds but you'll be happy. Mine is somehitn about THIN in the title -- very inspiring!
Loving' your website! GO YOU!
Chettie, where in IN are you?
Laura, I'm so glad you are joining the Fit4Life challenge! It sounds like your scale is definatly on the blink....I can wait to check back up on your progress next week! Have a wonderful weekend!
Deedra
becoming a bit obsessed are we? this is your scale talking....give me a second chance! please, you know how badly you wanted me. put me on a flat surface, care for me as i care for you...
I'd probably get a new scale like Sara said. I'm in need of a new one too. Your inspiring me Laura. I do need to get off my butt. Have a great time in VA. Tell Julie "Hey"
ps: your scale writing you is alittle freaky. LOL
Post a Comment