Motivation

3:32 PM Edit This 2 Comments »
I think motivation is something that has contributed to my lack of losing weight. Or should I say lack of motivation. This time around I'm trying a couple different things to help keep me motivated.

First: I've had my husband take nearly naked pictures of me. I printed them off and keep them next to the bed. I look at these pictures every night before I go to bed and every morning when I wake up. I am completely disgusted at how they look and hope they will keep me motivated to no longer look like this. I will save your eyes from damage and not share them with you. I will share the face shot, since you can't see much. Hubby says it looks like a mug shot.


Second: I have set rewards for myself. I have chosen a reward for every ten pound weight loss.


10lbs - a picture I found at Meijer that says Faith, Family, Friends. I couldn't find a picture of it online, but here's one that is similar.

20lbs - A console table with mirror to go by the front door of our NEW house! No picture for this one. Meijer has the one I want.


30lbs - Massage! I have a gift certificate my husband bought me for my birthday. Unfortunately, I am not happy with my body and feel uncomfortable going. I think after a 30 pound weight loss I should feel pretty darn good about going.

40lbs - Park bench. I want one of these to set on our front "porch." We really don't have a porch per se, just a slab of concrete.


50lbs - Takaoka Of Japan. This is a Japanese Steakhouse with hibachi grills. It is ssssooooo YUMMY!

60lbs - My husband told me he'd take me to Hawaii. I've always wanted to go, so here is my chance.

70lbs - Tattoo. I've already got three, but I want one more. I've got a couple picked out.


(I like this one, but without the names)

80lbs - My favorite! We will beginning the baby journey! At this point we will start trying to have a baby. Many may think doesn't this defeat the purpose of losing weight. But really this whole thing isn't about just losing weight, it's about becoming healthier. I set this reward so high, so that I will keep my motivation. My mom tells me that when I was a little girl I had three goals in life: become a teacher, get married, and have kids. I've accomplished two of the three.


90 lbs - Curio cabinet. I have been wanting one of these since I got married. I want to put all my wedding stuff in it to display.


I do not have rewards for myself for 100 and 110. I will have to keep thinking on these.


Third: The third thing I am doing to help keep me motivated is this blog. I'm hoping that I will be able to type my feelings and how I'm doing and get feedback that will motivate me to keep pushing on, to keep climbing down the scale. So, please feel free to leave comments or even questions and ideas.


2 comments:

Laura H. said...

I'm so proud of you Laura. Your words are powerful and encouraging. I'm here for you! Let me know what I can do to help!

Anonymous said...

laura if anybody can do this i know u can if you need help to make your goals happen look toward ur family
luv catie


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones