Wow God Story of 2010
6:10 PM Edit This 2 Comments »
Driving home from Ohio the other day (one of three this Christmas) I had my radio tuned into KLOVE (Love it and wish I got the station at home.) They were talking about Wow God Stories of 2010. I started reflecting on my own life the past year. So here's my Wow God Story of 2010:
I started 2010 in a pretty dark place. After one miscarriage, finding out that having biological children wasn't going to happen, and one failed adoption, I wasn't feeling very positive about how my life was going. So much so that my hubby finally told me I need to get some help. I did just that and began putting myself back together. I started seeing a counselor. I also gave it to God. I knew that I couldn't worry and stress about our situation. I had to give it to God and trust that he would provide for us. I had to accept that my plan is not always God's plan and my time frame is not always his.
We knew that we wanted children and couldn't believe that it would be in God's plan for us to not have kids. So we continued exploring our adoption options. My cousin Sara told us to check out Heaven Sent and we did. We decided to go with it. So, I created our adoption books, completed the paperwork, and mailed it in.
A week later God answered our prayers and we were blessed with our daughter, Mikayla Grace. She truly is a blessing and we thank God for her every day. It is God and only God who is to thank for our blessings. Without God we would not have been blessed with our beautiful daughter.
I started 2010 in a pretty dark place. After one miscarriage, finding out that having biological children wasn't going to happen, and one failed adoption, I wasn't feeling very positive about how my life was going. So much so that my hubby finally told me I need to get some help. I did just that and began putting myself back together. I started seeing a counselor. I also gave it to God. I knew that I couldn't worry and stress about our situation. I had to give it to God and trust that he would provide for us. I had to accept that my plan is not always God's plan and my time frame is not always his.
We knew that we wanted children and couldn't believe that it would be in God's plan for us to not have kids. So we continued exploring our adoption options. My cousin Sara told us to check out Heaven Sent and we did. We decided to go with it. So, I created our adoption books, completed the paperwork, and mailed it in.
A week later God answered our prayers and we were blessed with our daughter, Mikayla Grace. She truly is a blessing and we thank God for her every day. It is God and only God who is to thank for our blessings. Without God we would not have been blessed with our beautiful daughter.





2 comments:
Amen sister :) You and Ryan are very blessed to have Mikayla, and she is blessed to have you as her wonderful parents! Love ~ Holly
Can't help but tear up when I read this. God does have a plan!-m
Post a Comment