Does it count?
8:48 PM Edit This 4 Comments »Does shoveling snow count as exercise!?!? Staff meeting after school was canceled so I walked a mile. Then came home and shoveled now, while I worried about my baby girl. My MIL decided to take her out into a snow storm. It also worries me because I want her still rear facing and in her car she is not. I thought they would at least ask before changing it. Apparently my concern for my child's safety doesn't matter. I asked the hubby to speak to his parents, but alas he has not. Anyway, the whole point of this post is whether my snow shoveling can count as an exercise. What do you think?






4 comments:
At a body weight of 150 lbs, shoveling snow by hand burns 420 calories per hour. Lots of pediatric article on the rear-facing...maybe cut one out and give it to them!
Heck yeah! That's hard work! I was lucky enough that hubby had used the snow blower before I got home!
You need to talk to your in-laws about child safety...about YOUR child's safety. If you don't stand up to them NOW, they won't listen to you in the future. Nip this in the bud now or you will regret it...believe me. Tell them you are her parents and what you say goes. My mom tried stuff like that w/ me and she always said "you used to ride in the front seat with me!" I would say to her "do you want the guilt if something happens to MY child while he is in YOUR care?" I don't think so...so then she changed her tune. I always threaten with the kids too...works like a charm. At Christmas my mom said she was going to do something (forget what it was) and I said if you do, you'll never see me or my children again. She shut up, real quick. I know it seems harsh but Mikayla is your child. I've had to do it w/ my mother in law too b/c my hubby wouldn't say anything. Why are men such babies when it comes to standing up to their moms??
And yes...shoveling snow counts as exercise--good exercise too!
Shoveling snow does count.
You know my feelings about the MIL issue.-m
Post a Comment