OMG, You look so good!

9:28 PM Edit This 3 Comments »
I think I heard this about a million times Saturday. My mom just bought a new house and had a house warming party. Of course I was there. I think everyone there that knew me said this too me. Even my sister in-law came up to me and said, "Laura, you look like you've lost weight. Your jeans look really baggy on you." I replied with, "Yeah, I have lost some weight. I've almost lost 20 lbs. now." I was wearing my new jeans that I bought probably a month ago. They are too big already. I'm happy about that but a little irritated at the same time. I hate spending money on something I can only wear for a month. Oh well. So, I felt really good yesterday with everyone saying how good I look. Someone asked me if I "feel" the weight loss. I had to tell her that no I can't "feel" it yet. I mean I feel it in my clothes, but when I look at myself in the mirror I still look like the same 'ol fat me. I know I know give it time.

So, I'm truly considering asking my Dr. for some medication. Don't know that she'll give it to me since I know the source of what is depressing me. Unfortunately I can't just quit my job. I mean it's pretty bad when it's affecting everything in my life. Today the hubby and I had a talk about our marriage. Neither of us are happy right now. I even told him that I've questioned myself on whether I made a mistake getting married, if I married the right person. Now don't get me wrong, I love my husband with all my heart. BUT, we're both going through a lot of stress right now that is affecting every aspect of our lives. I HATE my job and he's going to school full time in addition to working full time. We never see each other and when we do he's doing homework. A couple posts ago I mentioned that we're not taking precautions to prevent a pregnancy, but I guess you have to have sex in order for a pregnancy to occur (TMI, I know, but it's true.) I feel so much better now that we've talked because I was afraid that he felt that everything was okay. I know I know communication is KEY. Why is being a grown up so hard?

Anyway, I'm not looking forward to WI this week. I really don't think it will be good. I know I've done a lot of stress eating. I'm going to drink a TON of water this week and get out and walk with the dog. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh,Laura everything will be alright. Trust me we all go thru that no matter HOW long you've been married. It's not always perfect like we'd like it to be. We were under alot when Uncle Matt was in school too, remember he worked, went to school and coached softball.!?!? Talk about stress. You'll get thru this. But I'm sorry to say and I'm being truthful to you both I don't think putting a baby in this mix is a good thing at this time. Especially,stress and you not being happy at your job. This is just something to ponder. I'm looking out for you girl. Stress doesn't help your MS remeber that. Maybe looking for a new job is more in line right now.
Exercising is key to keeping the stress down too. I know you can do this, be positive. You've inspired me to get on the band wagon of getting healthy and fit. This is your time to take care of you, love YOU!. We love you and we want you to be happy. All that said, I hope I didn't offend you hon? first things first. Have a great week at weigh in, this thursday is my weigh in day. Wish me luck!
Love you Laura, Aunt Cordi

WeightBGone said...

I think your aunt gave you some wonderful advice. Everyone goes through times in their marriage where they wonder if they did the right thing but dont doubt yourself because it will all work out.

Hang in there and stay positive because you are doing a great job. Hope your week is a good one. :)

Anonymous said...

Marriage is hard girlfriend. No one tells you its WORK! But,it is worth it and the rewards out number the hard times! :) Hang in there! Together you can do it!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones