Biopsy!?!?!?!
8:30 PM Edit This 2 Comments »
I hate biopsies! Have you ever had one? Four years ago I had a brain biopsy. Let me tell you it sucked. The doctors thought I had a brain tumor. Fortunately it wasn't a tumor. It was a demylinating plaque. 6 months later I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. After getting married and moving to IN I went to a new neurologist. He put me on a new medication (the only medications are shots you give yourself). I liked this medication a whole lot better than the one I was taking. You always have to get your liver enzyme levels checked because the medications can cause liver damage. So my enzymes were elevated and wouldn't come down. The doctor told me to stop taking the medication and get my blood drawn again. So I did and they were still elevated. My next trip, to see a GI doctor. He thinks it's fatty liver, which is caused by one of three things 1.) diabetes 2.) high cholesterol or 3.) being over weight. I of course am over weight. The doctor says he wants me to lose weight and come back in three months. Prior to coming back get my blood drawn again. If my levels are still elevated he will biopsy to see how fatty my liver is. I truly don't want this biopsy. So, you would think this would motivate me to go out and exercise every minute of the day and lose as much weight as I can, right? Wrong. I'm still watching what I eat, but I haven't been for a walk in a while. I need to find my niche in exercise and do it. I want to do something I will enjoy and want to do when I get home after a rough day after work. What should I do?





2 comments:
Hi Laura - I haven't commented before, but I lurk from time to time. ;)
Have you though about doing Yoga? There are some good DVD's out there for beginners and it has the double benefit of being a great stress buster and excercise...just my $.02. If you thrive on group excercise, most colleges/community colleges have Yoga classes...even the YMCA...
I have had some biopsies in the past, but never a liver one -- I'll cross my fingers that it won't be necessary for you!
-Chris
Walk, Walk, Walk...... I did this and I walk at a local park where I have made TONS of friends. I can go walk early in the morning on the weekend or late in the day on weekdays and I ALWAYS meet someone I know and have someone to walk with. Its amazing how quick you can walk 2-3 miles when your chatting.
Post a Comment