Motivation
4:17 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
If this isn't motivation to get off my butt and lose weight I don't know what will be.
Here is what I wrote:
We are still in the infertility information gathering stages and I'm not sure if adoption what we're going to do if we can't conceive. However, in thinking about it I have some questions. I have no idea if they are dumb or not, but thought I'd ask. My husband and I are both over-weight and I was diagnosed in 2004 with Multiple Sclerosis, are these two factors that would take us out of the running of being able to adopt? Or at least would they hinder our chances of being chosen?
Here is the response I got:
I am sorry to say that they will hinder your chances, at least, in our adoption program wherein the birth mom chooses the family. Unfortunately, for many women, physical appearance is a factor.
I also want to add for any people reading my blog who haven't commented or have recently commented! I love visitor and welcome comments. Thank you!!
Here is what I wrote:
We are still in the infertility information gathering stages and I'm not sure if adoption what we're going to do if we can't conceive. However, in thinking about it I have some questions. I have no idea if they are dumb or not, but thought I'd ask. My husband and I are both over-weight and I was diagnosed in 2004 with Multiple Sclerosis, are these two factors that would take us out of the running of being able to adopt? Or at least would they hinder our chances of being chosen?
Here is the response I got:
I am sorry to say that they will hinder your chances, at least, in our adoption program wherein the birth mom chooses the family. Unfortunately, for many women, physical appearance is a factor.
I also want to add for any people reading my blog who haven't commented or have recently commented! I love visitor and welcome comments. Thank you!!





1 comments:
A few thoughts for you Laura. A) you can borrow money to do an adoption but most likely through a Home Equity Loan and with the tough environment now it may be hard but is free to check into with your bank or other banks. B) You can get a tax credit for up to $11000 for the cost of an adoption in the tax year you finalize your adoption. This is a big help and can go back to pay down your debt of adoption. C) How you look may be a factor for others but most importantly you need to be true to YOU and the kind of parents you will be and the kind of life you can offer. People of all sizes and shapes have babies and adopt babies -- keep positive. D) You cannot change your MS. You can be positive and informative and strong with regards to giving out the information. E) many people choose international adoption for some of the reasons you listed. There are many countries doing adoptions and in many agencies you can be on a domestic and international list. Start connecting with agencies to see what appeals to you. It is free to talk and meet with them. You usually have to pay when you submit and application. Anf finally, keep the faith. God has you plan all made -- just have faith while you try to find it and move forward. Deep breathing and pedicures always helped me! Our love...
Post a Comment