Another freaking set back!

1:17 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
Two weeks ago I went to have my MRIs done. I also had an MRI of my head, as ordered by my neurologist for my Multiple Sclerosis. I have not been on medication for almost two and a half years now and haven't had any major issues. The dr. ordered the MRI since my last one was in 2006. I got a phone call from the nurse today. Her message said that we needed to chat about my MRI. Instantly I think, "Now what's wrong!?" No medical professional wants to chat about results if they are fine. When I talk to her she informs me that the MRI indicates new lesions on my brain. They don't know where we are in the whole pregnancy thing, but the dr. is very concerned because I haven't been on any medication. I am also running the risk for new active lesions to develop. So, I explain to her that we're seeing a fertility specialist and about my half a uterus and possibly one kidney. I tell her we don't go back until Aug. 10. Thank God, she was okay with that and said I could call her after I see that dr. Now the question is what risks do I take waiting to even find out if I can have a baby? I called the fert. dr. to see if I can get in earlier and no such luck. I really am beginning to think that maybe I was really never meant to have kids. I just don't know. I'm at a lose. It is never good news.

1 comments:

Deborah said...

The waiting game is the worst (ok, not THE worst, but it sure can feel like it). I know it's easy to get discouraged, but never doubt your worth to be a parent. I hope you get some good news soon, that you can find peace during such a trying time.
And now I'm starting to feel like a total stalker, I'm normal-I promise!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones