They are working against me!!!!
2:31 PM Edit This 2 Comments »
So, I decided to get off my lazy butt and do a little cleaning. As I was picking things up and throwing them away I came across the book I got that explains my health care benefits. As we have just started this infertility journey, I was curious to see if anything was covered. It was a lot of boring reading, but I found it and it's says under the heading: The following are excluded under the Plan:
pp. Sterilization reversal or infertility treatment. "Treatment of infertility" means the use of methods which do not correct the inability to conceive, but create the conditions for the individual to conceive by stimulating the individual's natural reproductive system or by implementation. Methods used to correct the inability to conceive are not subject to this limitation.
UGH! All the things the RE talked about probably fall under creating the conditions. So, does this mean health insurance companies this the only people who should have children are those who can have them naturally with no assistance what so ever? This is so frustrating to me!
pp. Sterilization reversal or infertility treatment. "Treatment of infertility" means the use of methods which do not correct the inability to conceive, but create the conditions for the individual to conceive by stimulating the individual's natural reproductive system or by implementation. Methods used to correct the inability to conceive are not subject to this limitation.
UGH! All the things the RE talked about probably fall under creating the conditions. So, does this mean health insurance companies this the only people who should have children are those who can have them naturally with no assistance what so ever? This is so frustrating to me!





2 comments:
Sadly most health insurance companies don't cover a dime if IF treatments and depending on where you live they are anywhere from 10-18K a shot. I've already gone through 1 cycle that ended in a chemical PG, luckily I had insurance to cover almost all of it and I got reimbursed but now we have to use that money plus more to try again. It is frustrating but it will be worth it in then end. At least that is what I keep telling myself.
(an old "friend" from Roni's original site who would rather remain anon)
It is sad to see that insurance companies will restrict as much as they can...anything to save them a dime and forget about helping people! I hope you are able to somehow find the financial assistance to continue this journey, and don't worry about the "opinions" of the insurance idiots who think people should only have kids naturally on their own with no help...I think they think people should die "naturally" of cancer and everyother illness that is costly to treat.
Post a Comment