MIL

6:47 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
Mother-in-law. How do you handle your MIL? Do you have a good relationship with your MIL? Is your MIL supportive of her son or does she put him down?

I frequently feel like the hubby and I are the "black sheep" of the family. No matter what we do it's not right. Today my husband was raked over the coals because we didn't go to his parents house for Memorial Day. His response was that we didn't know anything was going on. Apparently that didn't matter, we were supposed to just show up, as if we can read their minds. Of course his sister and her family was there. Do you think they could have picked up the phone and said, "Hey we're getting together. Why don't you come over?" Apparently not. Which is weird because that's how it usually happens, we never just show up at their house. Of course that's not where the conversation ended. She proceeds to tell my husband that he's not a dependable person that he puts his wife's family and his friends ahead of his own family. At this point I'm hurt for more than one reason. I keep apologizing to my husband for the mean things she had to say. He is a great guy and he is dependable. What mother puts her own child down like that? I'm also hurt because yes, my family does come first in my world. Not in my husbands world, but because he knows my family is important to me, when I want to do something with my family we do it. I know this is something we are going to have to deal with for our entire lives, but it's so hard. I don't think she realized I was in the car with the hubby when she called. We're having car trouble so I had to pick him up from work and that's when she called, when he was getting off. Perfect timing right? Little does she know, it wasn't.

0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones