I want to be an obesity survivor!

8:57 PM Edit This 2 Comments »
I don't know if any of you watch Biggest Loser or not, but I do. It was very inspiring tonight.....well it's inspiring every time I watch it. Tonight they had an old contestant on who was a doctor. He talked to the players about being an obesity survivor. There is no cure for obesity and being a survivor means maintaining your healthy weight. I WANNA BE A SURVIVOR!!!

I also enjoyed what the dr. told Kelly about fertility. The hubby and I have been trying to get prego. for 5 months with no luck. The doc. told her that losing even up to 10% of your weight would increase your fertility. I knew I needed to lose weight, but I didn't know it would increase my fertility. I'm gonna do it. Not only do I want to be a survivor, but I want to be a mommy.

I have some x-mas and b-day gift cards to Wal-Mart. Does anyone have any suggestions on some exercise stuff (exercise videos, equip., etc.) I could purchase?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura, i know you already have some stuff that is good like "yoga for dummies" (oh by the way, i got one of my own) and your exercise ball. since you like biggest loser, maybe one of their workout dvd's. i have not previewed them but have seen them in the store. with equipment, the biggest thing to remember is that you STILL have to find the motivation to workout.keep on going. i know you can do it!

Swizzlepop said...

How about a water bottle that you can keep at your desk to remind you to drink water? Hand weights, a balance ball or one of those bosu balls. A hula hoop, sounds crazy but they can be fun and you'd get cardio and work your core. I just got a great new Hula DVD but I orderd it at overstock.com so not sure if WalMart would have it. It's called Island Girl Abs & Buns Hula, or something like that. You do need motivation too. You are welcome to join the Spark People Team that we have for Exercise Challenges if you think that will help you. We are doing an ab challenge this month.
Good luck! You WILL be a survivor! :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones