Do you think fat is ugly?
9:46 AM Edit This 4 Comments »
Well what do you think about this?








I received these photos in an email today. The last line said, "No thanks! I'll keep my big butt!" Now don't get me wrong I DO think my fat is ugly, BUT I DON'T want to look like any of those women! They all appear to be models and it makes me sick. It makes me sick to think that young girls see these models and think they have to look like that. Maybe not like these women. I know these photos are a little extreme and not all models look like this. BUT it's sad the way advertisements and the media portrait women. Again, I'm not saying being fat is okay. But we don't need to be supper skinny to be beautiful. Why don't they use women of average height and at healthy weights as models? America's Next Top Model is doing a search in the city I live in. However, the ad on TV specifically says they want women who are 5'7" or taller. WTF??? There are plenty of beautiful women who aren't 5'7" or taller!









I received these photos in an email today. The last line said, "No thanks! I'll keep my big butt!" Now don't get me wrong I DO think my fat is ugly, BUT I DON'T want to look like any of those women! They all appear to be models and it makes me sick. It makes me sick to think that young girls see these models and think they have to look like that. Maybe not like these women. I know these photos are a little extreme and not all models look like this. BUT it's sad the way advertisements and the media portrait women. Again, I'm not saying being fat is okay. But we don't need to be supper skinny to be beautiful. Why don't they use women of average height and at healthy weights as models? America's Next Top Model is doing a search in the city I live in. However, the ad on TV specifically says they want women who are 5'7" or taller. WTF??? There are plenty of beautiful women who aren't 5'7" or taller!
Okay, sorry about my rant. I saw this email and it make me sick to my stomach. Thought I would share. Last night I was inspired by people who were losing weight and this morning I'm inspired by people who need to gain weight. What's wrong with just being healthy?





4 comments:
i am sickened just like you. what a motivator to work out to be HEALTHY!
That is just wrong, and how anyone could find that attractive or want that image assoicated with their buisness/clothing is beyond me. All it does in add to these girls distorted image of them selves ie, people want models like this..i'm getting paid ect so something must be right about being so skinny.
I'm all for the healthy wagon, and if that includes a bit of a butt, so be it.
I saw these somewhere else and it showed where they're photo-shopped. These ladies are not really this thin! I don't know if these photos were created to stir people up or if they really wanted them to look that way.
Post a Comment