It's been 10 years. I think it's time for me to change!
11:34 AM Edit This 2 Comments »
So my 10 year class reunion was last night. It was amazing to see all the people there and how much people have changed. It also made me realize a lot about myself. I left there disappointed. I have come to realize that in high school and probably to this day people think I'm a snob who doesn't talk to anyone. What a great feeling right? This isn't the case at all, but I can see how people think that about me. I'm a shy person and not outgoing at all. So, I wait for people to come to me and approach me. Well, if they don't do that, I don't ever talk to them. Therefore, I'm perceived as being snotty and a snob. I wasn't one of the popular kids in high school. At the reunion it was like high school all over again. The hubby and I sat down where no one was sitting and didn't talk to anyone unless talked to first. After talking to my mom she asked if I approached people and initiated conversation. Of course my answer was no. Hello, Laura high school is over grow up and talk to people. Not just old classmates, but in every aspect of my life. I need to open up and be more outgoing. I need to stop worrying what other people think of me. Hello to the new outgoing Laura (at least that's what I'm going to work towards).
*EDIT* Don't get me wrong I did have a good time. The hubby and I didn't end up sitting alone. We did have people come sit with us and talk to us. The whole experience just made me realize some things about myself.
*EDIT* Don't get me wrong I did have a good time. The hubby and I didn't end up sitting alone. We did have people come sit with us and talk to us. The whole experience just made me realize some things about myself.





2 comments:
I too worry about what people think about me...probably too much.
I would have loved of gone last night. It sounded like a good event.
HUGS! Good luck with being more outgoing. We all know you can do it!
Wow I guess your aunt cordi lives in a cave, because I would've never guessed that. Honey, at those functions be yourself, you've grown up to be a strong outgoing teacher, wife,friend.. Did the people you hung out with in school not go to the reunion?? It's ok. I hope you had some kind of fun.
Post a Comment