Students
7:32 PM Edit This 4 Comments »
Students work in funny ways. You would never guess that a high school freshman who thinks you're in your mid thirties and talks ALL the time would even care the slightest about you. When talking to another teacher today I found out one of my students went home and told his mom about what had happened to me. I would have never guessed that this kid would do that. Another one of my students was out sick while I was out with the miscarriage. So, she didn't get the information that the other kids did. Yesterday she asked me how my baby was doing and I had to tell her the sad news. She seemed confused and sad, but didn't ask any more questions. Today, she came into class and asked how my baby died. I really wasn't sure of what to say to her. But, I told her it happened and why I don't know. I also explained that I didn't do anything to myself and no one did anything to me. It just happened. Again she seems sad and confused. In the short two months I've known these students I must have done something to drawn them in and make them care. Which makes me happy because I care about them too.





4 comments:
See,you'll get thru this. Things happen for a reason. Your getting to them, they care. So do a bunch of other people number 1 your Hubby.
When we are in need of comfort, it comes from the most unexpected places.
HUGS!
Wow. Mrs. B. you are making a difference in the lives of these kids. I figured so! love, mom
Small miracles and a BIG impact you are making. Relish it!
Post a Comment