Happy 2008!

11:31 AM Edit This 0 Comments »

Happy 2008 Where in the world did 2007 go? Why it that when you are a kid time seems to go by so slow. Now that I'm an "adult" time seems to fly by. Man I wish it would slow down. Anyway, we rang in the new year with our friends. It was really nice and nice to see what a great bunch of friends we have. Unfortunately not all of my friends were there. It would have been nice to spend the evening with them too.


I think I have the same New Years Resolution every year.....lose weight. Always, always, always lose weight. Gee you'd think I was unhappy with myself, I always want to lose weight. Anyway, I guess you can say I achieved my resolution from last year. After all the holiday gain, I lost a total of 11.7 pounds. Definitely not as much as I would have liked, but hey it's a jump start for 2008.
I have several New Years Resolutions:
1. Become a more healthy person. I plan on achieving this by continuing to lose weight, journaling daily, blogging, exercising, and wearing my pedometer. I'm sure there are other things I will do, but that's what I can think of now.
2. Continue going to Weight Watchers and stay for the meetings. I've been going and weighing in, but not sticking around for the meetings. My goal is to start attending the meetings.
3. Read the Bible. I am a Christian and have accepted Jesus Christ into my life as my Lord and Savior. However, every time I try to read the Bible, I end up quiting. Two weeks ago I went to church with my mom and they were giving away little books on how to read the Bible in a year. I picked one up and that's what I want to do.
4. Consistently attend church and give. I've found a church I like going to. Now I want to make sure I keep going and consistently. I also want to give. Whenever I go to church I try to give, no matter what church I'm at, but I want to make it apart of my budget.
5. Pray more. My mom always tells me I should pray about the things I am worried about or things that are bothering me. I know I should and I know I need too, but in the past I haven't been so great at remembering to do so. My goal for this year is to pray more. Not only when I want to ask God for something, but all the time. I want it to become a natural habit for me to pray to God on a daily basis.
6. Work on making my marriage a better one. I know, no marriage is perfect, but is it wrong to strive for perfection? One of the main focuses I think that will make our marriage better is communication. We always need to work on our communication.
I'm sure if I sat here long enough I could think of many more resolution I want to make, but for right now I'll keep it at six. So far I've done great with reading the Bible. I love my Bible! In addition to the scripture it has explanations and connections. It allows me to understand what I'm reading and makes connections for me that I would have never made. On the health front. I did pretty good the first couple days of the year, but then the weekend comes and well I'm sure you know. I'm going to continue to get back on track and hopefully by next year I can say, "Yes, I stuck to my resolutions and I've look great, feel great, and love myself!"




0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones