15-Month Check-Up
9:18 AM Edit This 1 Comment »***WARNING***
If you do not want to read a post about a mother bragging about her little girl, don't read this...lol
Yesterday was Mikayla's 15-month check-up. It's a good thing it ended up being on my 1/2-day teacher inservice day because I never wrote it on the calendar. Her appointment went very good. I was so glad to be taking her because she's been sick all week and had a fever four of the days. Yesterday she didn't have a fever and didn't have a runny nose when we saw the doctor, so she said she had a bad cold to continue pushing fluids and if she still has a fever Monday to call. Guess we won't be calling because the fever is gone. Mikayla is actually starting to act like herself again. I wish the snugglie stuff would stay though. She is so active that she has no time to snuggle. Mikayla is a big girl! She now weighs 27 pounds 6 ounces, up almost 2 pounds from her 12-month check-up. She is now 33.5 inches tall. she grew almost 2 inches in 3 months!!! She is at the 95 %tile for her weight and head. She is well above the 95 %tile for her height. I have a feeling that she is going to be really really tale. Honestly I am surprised because her birthday mother was only 5'3". We know nothing of the birth father, so I'm guessing he must have been really really tale. Oh I can't wait for the day when she is towering over me giving me lip....not. That's okay, my mom showed my brother who was boss when he thought he could over-power her, I can do the same. If and when it comes to that. That's right I'm the mom...lol. Anyway the doctor is not concerned about her weight at all. She is proportionate. She weighs more because she's taller. The doctor actually said she is the size of a 2 year old. I believe it she's wearing some 24-month clothes. Naturally the doctor asks all the developmental questions and Mikayla blows them all away. She can do them all. She was amazed at her speech. She asked, "You mean she says more than ten words." My response, "Uhhhh, yeah! She says a lot of words. She even says I love you too! What 1 year old says, I love you too?" Ryan and I have had discussion on whether or not Mikayla is advanced for her age. She did start walking at 8 months and her vocabulary is HUGE. I'm pretty sure every parent wants their kid to be advanced and be good at everything. We are pretty realistic parents. We never oh-ed and ah-ed over the mamama or dadadada and claimed it was her saying mommy and daddy. We knew it was just babble. And when babble sounded like something, we didn't claim that it was something. Or say she did something on purpose when she really didn't because a 1 year old doesn't really know. I think I'm realistic about my child because I've seen my brothers both have kids and have had friends have kids. Anyway, back to being advanced, the hubby was afraid to say that she was advanced. Being a special education teacher, I thought she was advanced. Yesterday, the doctor told me that I could tell my husband that Mikayla is in fact advanced for her age. Not only in height, but in development. Now this brings me to my fears. If she stays ahead of her peers what is going to happen in school? I don't want her to be bored and start getting in trouble. Yes, I know she's only 1, but I not only want a smart child, but I want a well behaved child too. Mikayla is such a blessing in our lives and we love her more than anything in the world.






1 comments:
Thank you, Laura, for the up date. i have not been on your blog for some time. I thoroghly enjoyed reading about Makayla. It seems like only yesterday you were down here to get her. We are happy that it happened that way, we feel part of it. Hoping to see more of her this summer.
Love to all, Gramma
Post a Comment