At least we tried.

11:02 AM Edit This 2 Comments »
After the news that the birth mother decided not to give us the baby I immediately scheduled an appointment with my counselor. I needed to talk about it. She encouraged me NOT to just give up. So Ryan spoke to the lawyer and she agreed to allow us to send our adoption portfolio to her and she would see to it that the birth mother got it. I knew I couldn't just send the portfolio so we included a hand written letter with it. We went to the UPS store and over-nighted it to the lawyer. We left the UPS store knowing that we'd done everything we can, it was in God's hand now. We never heard what happened with the book. I did hear from the dr.'s office. The dr. spent a considerable amount of time with her and reminded her that she was the one who came to them asking for help with finding a family. BUT, no luck, she's made her decision. Of course we are upset, sad, and heartbroken. Although, I am trying not to dwell on it. Dwelling on it and being constantly upset is not going to make the situation better, nor is it going to change it. We have to pick ourselves up by the boot straps and move on. We aren't giving up on adoption. We still fully intend to adopt. Now it's just figuring out if we wait for an opportunity like this to happen again or do we contact an agency. So many decisions.

2 comments:

Sounee said...

Hey sweetie. I wanted to wish you and your husband a merry Christmas! I have you in my prayers and wish you the best always! "huggggggs"

tallmama said...

I'm so sorry to read about your situation. My family is built thru adoption so I can relate a bit to those feelings (though we never had a BM change her mind). I'm glad you sent your profile anyways, it's about doing everything in your power, then turning it over to God, and let his will be. All I know is when you do have YOUR family, you will know why you went thru this and you wouldn't have wanted it anyother way.
I've said that knowing what I know now, having the kids I have now, i'd go thru the pain of infertilty, trials of adoption etc 3 fold to have what I have now.
{{Hugs}}
Lara


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones