Superman & Superwoman??

8:03 AM Edit This 3 Comments »

Are the hubby and I Superman and Superwoman? Probably not, but we do have is the guidance of God. We thank him every day for this gift he is giving us, without Him this gift wouldn't be. As soon as I game all my worries and frustrations to God, he took over. Then the phone call came and this process of adoption started. I can not praise and thank God enough. If people would realize the things He can do for us in our lives, they wouldn't have to be going through what they are going through. God loves and provides for His children. Maybe not on your time frame or exactly what you want, but He will provide. So, I digress. The hubby and I are not Superman and Superwoman, but I feel like it. Last week on Thursday I spoke with a social worker who said she could work with our time frame (3-4 weeks) and get our home study done. So I scheduled the home visit for the following Tuesday. She emailed me all the forms to be completed and they were a lot of forms. One needed to be noterized, we had to go be FBI finger printed, we had to have a local background check, and we had to answer a TON of questions. In five days we were able to get all the forms complete except the Health forms. Our doctors have to do those. The social worker was impressed. The home visit went well. She drove from Indianapolis to be at our house for about 45 minutes. It wasn't long at all. That made the hubby very nervous, but after speaking to my counselor she told me that if she suspected problems she would have been there longer. The home study piece is out of the way. Our next focus is our adoption portfolio and it's coming together nicely. I want to show everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura, I enjoyed reading your blog today, brought tears and chills. I can not tell you how happy I am for you! you are so right about having God as your center. Refocusing and putting first things first was good for you. Be thankful everyday, which i know you are, Honey, your Daddys watching over you, he with the help of God has given you this gift. Connor will be a lucky little boy. He coming to a family full of love. Keep blogging, this is your journal...it helps keep yu focused. Love ya honey, give Ryan hugs!

Anonymous said...

oops, I didn't write..Aunt Cordi under it..lol.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones