Humbled

11:54 AM Edit This 1 Comment »
This morning I went to church and I left there humbled. Today was the start of a new series at church. It is titled "Bring the Love." Today's service was about bringing the love to the hungry. I walked away from church humbled because I learned more than just giving to the hungry, but learned about myself. I have been whining and complaining about not having children, not being able to have my own children, and not having money to adopt, among other complaints. Today made me realize that I need to stop complaining and stop being ungrateful because what I do have, many people do not. The pastor said a couple things that we wrote in our notes that I can apply not only to giving, but also to my life and having children. 1. God provides for His endeavors. 2. The size of your God is the size of your dreams. 3. God take the impossible and produces opportunities. What do I need to do? I need to refocus my life and put God at the center of it. I have been hopeless and negative about our financial situation and adopting. Probably because I haven't been Christ centered. As far as giving goes, I came home from church and cleaned out the cupboards. The hubby and I have more than what we need. Therefore, I am going to donate what we don't need. My church is taking a collection on Nov. 22, but I will be in Ohio that weekend. So, I'm going to take the box of food to school and give it to the guidance counselor and ask her pass it on to a family who may need it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you heard exactly what you were supposed to. I find that as well. I mean when I'm grumbling about what I don't have, that means I need to focus on the right thing: God of course. It's easy to look at other people's lives and see their bounty but hard to see it sometimes in my own.
muttie


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones