I know I know.....

12:55 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
I am not a good blogger! So much has happened since my last post. 

March 7th was our 1 year Family Anniversary.  That weekend we took Mikayla to a hotel that has a water park.  It was very nice.  We did learn a couple things though.  Staying in one room was tough.  The hubby wanted to stay up watching TV and I was ready to go to sleep as was Mikayla.  Mikayla woke up in middle of the night crying.  Next time we'll go for the day and not stay the night.  At least until Mikayla is a bit older. 

We decided that it was best if we took Mikayla and had her sized and fitted for shoes.  We were rather shocked after leaving the store.  The shoes we had her in were purchased at WalMart.  They were a size 6.  They didn't fit her right, they were kind of big.  They sales person at the shoe store sized Mikayla and she has a size 7 1/2 foot!!!!  We were shocked.  From now on I think having her sized and fitted is the way to go.

Teeth, teeth, teeth....  Mikayla knows the word teeth and will point to her teeth if asked where her teeth are.  When she gets up in the morning she usually says teeth, teeth, teeth.  My response is, yes, we're going to brush your teeth.  I noticed today that she has her 9th tooth  and the 10th isn't far behind.  For all I know she could have more on top.  She doesn't exactly like us looking in her mouth.

She is growing up so fast!!!  Her vocabulary is HUGE.  Today I told her, "Tell daddy mommy's been baking." She then said to the hubby what sounded like mommy baking. 

Hair, hair, hair.  I am always looking for new products that will work on her hair.  We need to find something that will provide her hair with a lot of moisture.  I also want to find something that will define her curls.  I been keeping her hair in braids, but when I take them out parts of her hair feel so dry.  I'd love to allow her to wear free hair (not in a style) more often, but her hair is like Velcro and collects lint.  That and it looks frizzy.  I wish I could find something that would better define her curls.  We've tried leaving conditioner in her hair and that didn't work to well.  It didn't soak into her hair it just dried on her hair.  We've used coconut oil, but I don't think that was soaking in either.  I'm pretty sure her college fund is going into hair produces.....hehe.

0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones